What's new

image entertainment question (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
have they bought the rights to mgm films? A number of war movies that were mgm releases are being re released through them as sets: Attack!: Run Silent, Run Deep/Beachhead/Beach Red Cries of War: Play Dirty/The Dogs of War/The Purple Plain War: Heroic Battles! - The Bridge at Remagen/The Devil's Brigade/633 Squadron (2011)

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
They are just distributing multiple multi-film sets, all previously released on DVD. Kinda what TGG Direct has been doing with MGM titles.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I think Image is supposed to re-release at least some of the Cannon library. I'm not too hopeful about these being in widescreen this time around but if they are, hey, that would be great. Lots of good Cannon titles waiting to be given the proper treatment.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
IMHO TGG stinks. i purchased the two delta force movies along with code of silence all of which were on one dvd. the movies were in widescreen but had no chapter stops at all.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Since this thread has the appropriate title, I'm bumping it to see if anyone has a valid email address to contact them with? The email contact listed at their site for general inquiries, the most appropriate category for my question, just keeps bouncing.

Thanks

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
LeoA said:
Since this thread has the appropriate title, I'm bumping it to see if anyone has a valid email address to contact them with? The email contact listed at their site for general inquiries, the most appropriate category for my question, just keeps bouncing.

Thanks

Leo:

Try [email protected] instead.

Darby

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Thanks, it's been three or four minutes and hasn't bounced yet, so I assume it was a success.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
LeoA said:
Thanks, it's been three or four minutes and hasn't bounced yet, so I assume it was a success.

Leo:

Excellent; hopefully you will get a reply back. In the past when I emailed Image Entertainment, I would send it to both [email protected] and [email protected] and the one to "inquiries" would always bounce back.

Darby

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
kingfish said:
IMHO TGG stinks. i purchased the two delta force movies along with code of silence all of which were on one dvd. the movies were in widescreen but had no chapter stops at all.

Hi kingfish!

Based on some recent Amazon reviews, it appears that TGG has replaced the single DVD with a 2 DVD set.

337 minutes on a single DVD? That's worse than what I've seen with Mill Creek! It's no wonder these didn't include menus or chapter stops--A real navigation nightmare for three features, two of which are well over the 100 minute mark! On the other hand, two movies on one DVD should be OK, though the two Delta Force Features would be pushing the recommended 4 Hour maximum capacity for dual layered DVD's with their combined 236 minute running time. I haven't yet found which two of the three Features were combined, nor whether the 2 DVD version includes menus and chapter stops, as I've seen no mention of this, either!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks