What's new

Recommend 6.5" in-ceiling speakers (1 Viewer)

tempo

Auditioning
I would like to upgrade the five in-ceiling speakers that came with my house. I am on a budget and hoping to find something under $150/speaker. What I’ve got now are five “builder-grade” 6.5” speakers. They are labeled New Wave Audio IC-6S - oh yeah (specs). I would like to maintain as close as possible to my current ID, which is listed as 7.75”. I have up to 12” depth (absolute maximum). Usage is your typical mix of home theater and music. I use an older Denon home theater receiver that is getting on in years but still works well. I have an 8” powered Paradigm subwoofer. A true bonus would be speakers that are sealed; today the stereo simultaneously rocks the room above the TV room quite well. Help? :confused: Here is a pic of my room:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm sorry, but my comment will be of little use to you. Builders who design HTs like this should be tarred and feathered.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Love the photographs on the wall, though.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I personally wouldn't invest in different ceiling speakers. Even the best ceiling speakers are still, well, ceiling speakers. :D Having said that, I've always hear Speakercraft as the goto brand for ceiling speakers. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks