Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Recommend 6.5" in-ceiling speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 tempo

tempo

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 08 2011 - 02:19 PM

I would like to upgrade the five in-ceiling speakers that came with my house. I am on a budget and hoping to find something under $150/speaker. What I’ve got now are five “builder-grade” 6.5” speakers. They are labeled New Wave Audio IC-6S - oh yeah (specs). I would like to maintain as close as possible to my current ID, which is listed as 7.75”. I have up to 12” depth (absolute maximum). Usage is your typical mix of home theater and music. I use an older Denon home theater receiver that is getting on in years but still works well. I have an 8” powered Paradigm subwoofer. A true bonus would be speakers that are sealed; today the stereo simultaneously rocks the room above the TV room quite well. Help? :confused: Here is a pic of my room: http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#2 of 4 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,455 posts

Posted August 09 2011 - 09:28 AM

I'm sorry, but my comment will be of little use to you. Builders who design HTs like this should be tarred and feathered.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#3 of 4 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,455 posts

Posted August 09 2011 - 09:29 AM

Love the photographs on the wall, though.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#4 of 4 David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 1,986 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted August 09 2011 - 02:34 PM

I personally wouldn't invest in different ceiling speakers. Even the best ceiling speakers are still, well, ceiling speakers. :D Having said that, I've always hear Speakercraft as the goto brand for ceiling speakers. YMMV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users