What's new

Bose home theater volume problems! (1 Viewer)

redsx8827

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh Michaels
Hey guys, I've got a minor issue that is causing an annoying problem. I have no expertise in home theater set-up or anything of that nature. My landlord had set-up a Bose home theater system but he is now abroad and unavailable to help me with this problem: Our bose home theater system's volume will not increase or decrease. It is set up to our directv and ps3. When we increase or decrease the volume on the bose remote control, the receiver will show the volume increasing/decreasing. However, the actual volume coming from the speakers does not change. So it is essentially "locked" at a pretty low volume - which is annoying because we live in a city with much outside disturbances from the street. Any suggestions would help. I am not good at these issues, so it could be a very obvious fix. Thanks in advance, and like I said, this could be a very simple fix!

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I've never heard of such an issue. Perhaps your landlord put the 'secret landlord volume lock' in place. :D

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not much we can tell you without knowing which Bose system it is (please provide a link to its manual for us), and how the components in question are connected to it. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Phil Taylor said:
I've never heard of such an issue. Perhaps your landlord put the 'secret landlord volume lock' in place. :D
LOL, it has to be the secret landlord lock, that bose bass module pumps out such a strong bass it can cause cracks in walls.

redsx8827

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh Michaels
Haha I'm laughing at these responses. No, the landlord is a cool guy but is overseas on duty.... The system is a Acoustimass 10 speaker system Here is a link to the manual: http://products.bose.com/pdf/customer_service/owners/og_am6_10.pdf I am so baffled by this issue. so fricken annoying too

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks