Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bose home theater volume problems!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   redsx8827

redsx8827

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted August 07 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hey guys, I've got a minor issue that is causing an annoying problem. I have no expertise in home theater set-up or anything of that nature. My landlord had set-up a Bose home theater system but he is now abroad and unavailable to help me with this problem: Our bose home theater system's volume will not increase or decrease. It is set up to our directv and ps3. When we increase or decrease the volume on the bose remote control, the receiver will show the volume increasing/decreasing. However, the actual volume coming from the speakers does not change. So it is essentially "locked" at a pretty low volume - which is annoying because we live in a city with much outside disturbances from the street. Any suggestions would help. I am not good at these issues, so it could be a very obvious fix. Thanks in advance, and like I said, this could be a very simple fix!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 578 posts

Posted August 08 2011 - 08:34 AM

I've never heard of such an issue. Perhaps your landlord put the 'secret landlord volume lock' in place. :D

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted August 08 2011 - 10:45 AM

Not much we can tell you without knowing which Bose system it is (please provide a link to its manual for us), and how the components in question are connected to it. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt
My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   zouping

zouping

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted August 09 2011 - 09:04 PM

fairy tale costumes hippie costumes for women halloween devil costumes:(:confused::rolleyes::cool::P:D:o:)

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted August 11 2011 - 05:28 AM

I've never heard of such an issue. Perhaps your landlord put the 'secret landlord volume lock' in place. :D

LOL, it has to be the secret landlord lock, that bose bass module pumps out such a strong bass it can cause cracks in walls.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   redsx8827

redsx8827

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 02:50 PM

Haha I'm laughing at these responses. No, the landlord is a cool guy but is overseas on duty.... The system is a Acoustimass 10 speaker system Here is a link to the manual: http://products.bose...s/og_am6_10.pdf I am so baffled by this issue. so fricken annoying too