Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Red Tails (January 20, 2012)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 01 2011 - 09:18 AM

Looks really good.

#2 of 11 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted August 01 2011 - 10:17 AM

Looks like Star Wars set during WWII.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#3 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,360 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 01 2011 - 10:31 AM

George Lucas has been talking about making this movie forever so it's nice to see it become a reality. There's some really great talent in the cast too.

#4 of 11 RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,418 posts

Posted August 01 2011 - 10:53 AM

Decent looking action sequences. Have no idea how good the acting or writing is, though.

#5 of 11 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 01 2011 - 11:55 AM

Looks like Star Wars set during WWII.

Full circle, since Star Wars was basically WWII set during Star Wars. :) This is Lucas's story treatment with another writer's script and another person directing. Worked out pretty well for a little thing called Empire. ;)

#6 of 11 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,720 posts

Posted August 02 2011 - 12:54 AM

I remember this being talked about 20 years ago, and then it got lost. But I fully expected it to appear before the prequel trilogy of films. Looking forward to it finally coming.

Wasn't Michael Dorn attached to this at some point? In the 90s, perhaps?

#7 of 11 Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted August 08 2011 - 08:17 AM

A film produced by George Lucas that isn't part of the Star Wars or Indiana Jones franchise? I'm surprised. Now, can you go on and make those small personal movies you would do after Star Wars was finished?
Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#8 of 11 EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted August 12 2011 - 07:38 PM

This is going to make Bay's Pearl Harbor look like Thin Red Line.

"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#9 of 11 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,541 posts

Posted August 12 2011 - 08:06 PM

This is going to make Bay's Pearl Harbor look like Thin Red Line.

You can tell that from a 2 minute teaser trailer? You're good. Even at his worst, Lucas still has more going for him as a filmmaker than Michael Bay ever will.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#10 of 11 EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 03:23 AM

You can tell that from a 2 minute teaser trailer? You're good. Even at his worst, Lucas still has more going for him as a filmmaker than Michael Bay ever will.

clearly my opinion is an assumption.  I am not a Michael Bay fan, and i LOVE the theatrical Star Wars mythology, but I would rather sit through anything in the 3 hours of Pearl Harbour than any scene involving Jar Jar, or Padme vs Anakin on politics.  but let's not turn this thread into a fanboy war.

"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#11 of 11 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,541 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 06:09 AM

Well, it already looks better to me than "Pearl Harbor", but I'll wait for more evidence that it is worse since it will have to be extraordinarily bad to meet that film's pedigree. Lucas isn't the director or screenwriter, so I expect it will be better than the Star Wars prequels. This film is going to have some way to go to beat its real competition -The Tuskegee Airmen- since it is covering the same ground as that film.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users