What's new

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Season 7) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Someone else uploaded this one, during Wilfred last week: Ah, Fat Mac....where have you been all my life?? Saw the first promo during Louie. Needless to say, I had to rewind the DVR about four times, and watch it over and over again. Can't wait.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
when are we getting the DVD's?
September 13th. Yeah, I'm psyched for Fat Mac. Wonder if the title for the 1st episode will simply be "Mac Gets Fat"

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
And some great news! The show has been renewed for 2 more seasons after this!

And this after hearing Charlie Day's interview on the radio this morning, mentioning Fat Mac.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm wondering if the show can maintain the quality the 1st 4 years are the best iMHO, season 5 was ok, and hopefully season 6 will be when I watch it on DVD.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Terrific season premiere. I had three or four major laugh out loud moments. Everything in the limo, of course, but also the terrific use of Roy Orbison for the final beat. And fat Mac wandering around with the trash bag full of Mexican food was just terrific.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I loved Charlie as a Texas millionaire. And good to see "Elvin" again (although I'm thinking there's no way Dee would have remembered him - was Dee even there for that?)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"I love boiling denim and bangin' whores." Bringing Elvin back to play Fake Tiger with a foot-fetish? Unreal. The diabetes-thing was the best, and Charlie's blood-barfing was killing me. Like the hooker. "Dead hooker in the hallway." Awesome.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I can't help but think the opening scene with Dee trying to adopt a dog fighting pit bull, was a reference to Michael Vick.

It's not just Charlie barfing blood that was funny, but the fact that he took way too many capsules to make it happen.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I know there's a lot of love for this show, and I live in Philly so I have extra leeway for based in Philly shows and movies but I just dont get this show. I watch a few eps every season but last season and it does nothing to make me laugh. I chuckled when fat Mack walked in but that was about it. Meh oh well.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Walter C said:
I can't help but think the opening scene with Dee trying to adopt a dog fighting pit bull, was a reference to Michael Vick.

It's not just Charlie barfing blood that was funny, but the fact that he took way too many capsules to make it happen.
Don't forget Charlie's all-denim "millionaire" outfit. This was disgusting and dehumanizing, and everything I've ever wanted from a Sunny episode. Near perfection. Goddamn, what an ugly opener. This show functions as the anti-Entourage. These characters are literally rotting and degenerating before our eyes. It's a thing of beauty. Frank's hair was a big-time standout. As I drove to work this morning, I thought about Charlie projectile-vomiting the blood all over that poor woman, and started cracking up all over again. Welcome back, Sunny. God, how I missed you.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by TonyD

I know there's a lot of love for this show, and I live in Philly so I have extra leeway for based in Philly shows and movies but I just dont get this show.

I watch a few eps every season but last season and it does nothing to make me laugh.
I chuckled when fat Mack walked in but that was about it.

Meh oh well.

I guess it's not for everyone. For me, it's probably the most consistently funny show I've ever seen, even surpassing the likes of Cheers, Seinfeld and Arrested Development. Even 'The League' isn't far behind.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
As I drove to work this morning, I thought about Charlie projectile-vomiting the blood all over that poor woman, and started cracking up all over again. Welcome back, Sunny. God, how I missed you.
Every time I think of the words "projectile vomiting blood", I start cracking up again. I love Frank and Charlie's relationship. It's probably the closest this show gets to a healthy, warm relationship.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"I'm cultivating mass. Try and move me, bro." Also: "You have Type 2 Adult-Onset Diabetes." "So...you're saying I'm healthier...??" "Um... no, you're not healthier." "But I'm healthier than him, right?"

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Ha. Love it. "It's tight, like dick-skin." "I went from a tiny twink, to the musclebound freak you see before you." "I think I've been poisoned by my con-stitch-a-ents!!" (Also, Mac pronouncing "diabetes.") Pitch-black excellence. Roy Orbison singing "Pretty Woman" as the hooker lay dead in the hallway...I've really missed these horrible, horrible people.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by joshEH

"You have Type 2 Adult-Onset Diabetes."

"So...you're saying I'm healthier...??"

"Um... no, you're not healthier."

"But I'm healthier than him, right?"

Yeah, I love that scene at the doctor's office. I always find the conversations that these characters get into, whenever they debate over the dumbest things, hilarious!

Probably the best comedy that is currently on TV.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This show gets away with things that the MPAA wouldn't let R-rated movies get away with. What they witnessed under the boardwalk. Holy crap. And the Waitress looked beautiful under, shall we say, less than desirable conditions.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The homeless guys under the boardwalk, "Rum Ham," Dee's cornrow ripping off with a CGI blood-splatter, the damn Go-Gos "Vacation" montage...so great. I want to rewatch it again right now. They're really out of the gate fast this season. Loved Charlie right before Mac chokes him unconscious: "Now, this 'ocean' -- explain it to me. It's, like, it goes on forever, or...??"

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Also Mac and Frank on the raft and the party boat, partying with their shirts off in that "Jersey Shore" type crowd.

Too bad for Charlie that the Waitress was actually very high!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks