Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Directors and Editor Teams

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,276 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted July 31 2011 - 03:11 PM

I've long been intrigued by the long running working relationships directors have with their editors, and a friend just inquired about the subject. Off the top of my head is Martin Scorsese and Thelma Schoonmaker and Quentin Tarantino and Sally Menke (RIP). What other dynamic duos are there in cinema?

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#2 of 5 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,276 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted July 31 2011 - 03:12 PM

Dang, what can Wikipedia NOT tell us?

http://en.wikipedia...._collaborations

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 5 montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor

• 541 posts

Posted August 01 2011 - 12:08 PM

I live for stuff like this. The Sally Menke montage Tarantino kept on the Death proof dvd does show us a part of him that is never represented in the media.Very sweet. He must've been sad for a while when she passed away. And on the singular collaborations side,let's give high praise to Verna Fields for Jaws and Anne V.Coates for Lawrence of Arabia

#4 of 5 Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted August 08 2011 - 08:12 AM

And the collaboration between Tim Burton and Chris Lebenzon (19 years, started with Batman Returns) isn't even on that list, for some reason.
Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#5 of 5 Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,799 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted August 08 2011 - 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Brian Borst 

And the collaboration between Tim Burton and Chris Lebenzon (19 years, started with Batman Returns) isn't even on that list, for some reason.

The list seems to be limited to Director/Editor pairs that have produced at least one Best Picture, Best Director, or Best Editor nomination.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users