What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-2-2011 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--Blu-ray is advertising both Rango and Tangled on sale this week aat the following prices (apiece): $14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu-ray.

--Best Buy has the following Blu-ray titles on sale this week:

$9.99: Blow, Enter the Dragon, The Mask, Scream, Scream 2, Transporter 3.

$12.99: Boondock Saints 2, The Dark Knight, The Fighter, No Strings Attached, Saving Private Ryan, Zombieland.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]$14.99 (or 2/$20): Boondock Saints, Predator, The Princess Bride, Return of the Living Dead, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, The Usual Suspects.

--And Best Buy has a deal to SAVE $20 at mlb.com with the purchase of select Blu-ray titles (Offer expires 11-30-11):[/COLOR]

$12.99: Ghostbusters, Superbad, Taxi Driver.

$19.99: Battle: Los Angeles, Salt

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--At Target this week purchase ANY edition of Rio AND one of the following $15.99 Blu-ray combo packs and SAVE $8: Alvin/Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Ramona and Beezus. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.

--Target's DVDs of Eastbound & Down have EXCLUSIVE BONUS MATERIAL: Cast Q & A. [Unfortunately, the wording of the ad makes it appear that it is only the DVD versions (not the blu-ray) which have this bonus.]

--The following Blu-ray titles are on sale at Target this week (titles listed plus more in store):

$7.99: Big Trouble in Little China, Fool's Gold, King Arthur, The Magnificent Seven(!) (Amazing price for an HD version of a great movie!)

$12.99: District 9, The Italian Job, The Princess Bride, Step-Brothers.

--Target has the following TV on DVD on sale this week:

$8.99: Heroes: Season 3, Monk: Season 3, Parks and Recreation: Season 1.

$14.99: Eastbound and Down: Season 1

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $7 & $10.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks Mike. $7.99 for Big Trouble in Little China? If I didn't already have it I would be all over it. Those Best Buy 3D exclusive titles get released everywhere on 8/30 although Best Buy's current price is cheaper than Amazon's pre-order price so I don't know why you would want to wait....

I will be picking up the Spy Kids movies at Best Buy since I just noticed the $7.99 price...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I pre-ordered Spy Kids from BB. Don't have much interest in the sequels though.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I'll be getting Spy Kids from BB. I don't have any interest in the sequels either. Also will get the Rio blu ray combo pack (not the 3D). Going to stop by Applebee's & pick up a children's menu which has a $3 off coupon on Rio. Thanks fpr the Roundup. Apparently the 2 local Applebees stores here are franchise stores and don't have the kids menu with the coupon yet. They're still promoting YOGI BEAR. Well, no coupon for me. Thanks for nothing, Applebees.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the Gamera episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 in 15 or more years so I may spring for that one this week rather than wait for a sale. Also, I'll pick up Eastbound & Down at some point. Thanks for the prices! :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Probably nothing for me this week -- nothing new anyway -- although I briefly considered snapping up the Spy Kids BD last night from BB since they had those out early in their $7.99 bin.

For those who still haven't picked up Amelie, Bridget Jone's or Chocolat on BD just yet, you might want to check out coupons.com for a $3 MFR coupon, especially if you still plan to head out to BB later today. Today's the last day to use the BB $5 coupon, and they still have these titles for $14.99 each, so you could probably stack the 2 coupons to get one of them for ~$7+tax.

And thanks for another WRU, Mike.

_Man_

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have all the Conan movies in my Netflix queue somewhere, so no need for me to buy them. The BN Criterion sale is running through tomorrow (8.1) so I stopped in this morning and snagged what looked to be the last copies of Broadcast News and Times of Harvey Milk. Then I ran to Costco and found Stardust BD for 8.99. I'm done for the week since nothing else is grabbing my attention.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I picked up the Spy Kids films at Best Buy. They are only the movies. The ones at Amazon have digital copies as well. I'm not sure who has the "exclusive". Regardless saving $7 was more important than the digital copy...

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Wal-mart say's my copy of Rio 3-d is on it's way with digital copy & ex. content, for 24.99!!! That price is no longer available. Ben-Hur 6 disc gift pk. is also priced wrong, for 34.99! Price is still up @ Wal-mart.:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks