Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How do I Install outdoor speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 rafa8a

rafa8a

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 30 2011 - 05:33 AM

How do I install ( 3) in-cealing outdoor speakers and (3) 6.5 inch rock speakers. do I parallel? I have a receiver and Amplifier 50 x 2 speakers are 60watts RMS.and I also need to put a volume control thanks Rafa

#2 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,051 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 30 2011 - 06:23 AM

Definitely not parallel as that will lower the impedance to a point that your amp will either go into protection mode or just burn up. That is unless you have impedance matching volume controls or some type of impedance matching break-out box. Determine how you want to use the system (zones, sources, volume controls, etc). That will determine the parts you need. The parts will determine how everything is connected.

#3 of 4 rafa8a

rafa8a

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 30 2011 - 07:13 AM

I have a receiver 80 x 5 watts with zone 2 and an Amp 50 x 2 .also going to put a volume control .should I just put a pair of ceiling speakers and a pair of rock. thanks

#4 of 4 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,118 posts

Posted July 30 2011 - 08:24 AM

If you wire them in series the only problem might be that they aren't loud enough. So try it before you install them and see. Just wire the each speaker to the opposite polarity of the next speaker. (For the right side: rcvr+ to spk1+, spkr1- to spkr2+, spkr2- to rcvr-. Continue the pattern util you connected as many as you want to that channel. Then do the same for the left side.) If it's loud enough for you, then you can install them. BTW, my thought was to do this for either the zone two or the separate amp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users