What's new

Comicon 2011 - Photos, etc. (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hi folks, this thread will feature some of the photos I took while attending Comicon 2011 in San Diego, July 20-24. Hope you enjoy the photos. From Thursday's TV Guide Favorite Stars panels, I didn't quite have a good seat, so I mainly took shots of the screens for this panel. More photos of this panel here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave/sets/72157627190632687/

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Zach and Jorge together. It's too much for my geek heart to handle. With Chuck ending, maybe he can guest on Alcatraz.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
These were from the Shameless panel, featuring Producer John Wells, Emmy Rossum, Justin Chatwin, and William H. Macy: More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave/sets/72157627194881505/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
These are from the short panel for a new show called "Homeland", featuring producer Howard Gorder ("24") and Morena Baccarin ("Firefly" and "V"): For more photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave/sets/72157627194997079/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
These are from the Dexter panel, I included more than usual, it was a fun panel. The best part had to be when someone from the audience called the actor who plays Masuka "C.S. Lewis" (his name is C.S. Lee). Good times. Here's the link to more photos from the Dexter panel: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave/sets/72157627322983972/

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Patrick any pics of anything besides the panels? Love to see pics of the people walking around in the booth areas.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
Patrick any pics of anything besides the panels? Love to see pics of the people walking around in the booth areas.
Just trying to get through the panel photos, as I was covering the event for the HTF. I've got lots and lots of photos. Again, just tip of the iceberg...

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
Just tip of the iceberg...
I'll keep an eye on the thread. I'd like to attend a San Diego comic con but a trip from Northern BC just has not been in the cards for one hell of a long time. Also, at my age, I think I'd feel out of place as my nerdism would be fully revealed. :D Also, I wouldn't mind visiting San Diego again.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I was there. My daughter and I drove in from Texas. Since she's studying to be an animator, the panels we attended were geared more toward that than comics or TV shows. It's the most fun I've had in a long time. I dressed in business casual, and the only "accessory" I wore was a rather official-looking "Zombie Research" ID tag around my neck. While I was lounging outside the building, trying to get a good photograph of the USS Midway (really!), an attendee stopped me and asked if the badge was real. At first I thought he intended to ask where I got it, but he seemed really nervous and was relieved to learn that it was a novelty item. I considered scanning him with my "Zombie Scanner" phone app and asking the typical questions ("How long has it been since you've had to trim your fingernails?", "Do your friends joke about how 'late' you are even when you're punctual?", "Are you dismayed that none of the local restaurants have human brains on the menu?"), but I didn't want to torment the poor guy any further. Of course, it's quite possible that I misinterpreted his state of mind, or that he was playing a joke on me. That would be a hoot, too. One thing I gotta say: Nerds and geeks are the nicest, most gracious people on the face of this Earth, and I couldn't me more proud to be counted among them. I'm convinced that we will eventually take over the world because we're the only ones who won't beat each other up (or even cut in line) when gathered in large numbers.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
That's awesome that you got to go, and one of the lucky ones to get a pass to the event.

I wished I would have been able to go, but had to deal with their system crashing the first 2 times, and the 3rd time, I had no access to a computer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The ticketing situation was a nightmare this year. Hopefully their new system of putting you in a "virtual" waiting room (basically, you need to click the "Green Button" when it goes green within half a second to secure a good waiting room number, and as the ticketing goes through the numbers, you'll see progress as the numbers being processed gets closer to your waiting number. The on-site badge registration for 2012 was 4 days of having to get there really early, by 7 a.m. (or earlier) for the 8 a.m. registration start time. I knew of people who got in line by 3 a.m. to secure their 2012 badges. They only sold 19200 badges (4800/day with almost half of the preview night badges already sold). They only allowed for 2 badges (or 8 days' worth of individual day badges) per person for pre-registration. It's totally possible that they will not offer pre-registration for Comicon 2013, so no on-site pre-registration next year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Friday was mainly spent in Hall H with many film panels as studios would bring in 1-3 film and panelists per panel block to promote upcoming films. I missed the early panels, and just walked into the tail-end of the "Haywire" panel, with Steven Soderbergh, Gina Carano, and Channing Tatum, so these photos sort of suck. For a few more photos, here's the flickr photo set link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave/sets/72157627208212053/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
These were from the panel for "The Raven" starring John Cusack, Alice Eve, Luke Evans. Directed by James McTeigue. For more photos, here's the flickr photo set link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave/sets/72157627208224379/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
These are from the Underworld Awakening panel with Len Wiseman, Kate Beckinsale, Michael Ealy, Theo James, Mans Marlind, Bjorn Stein. For more photos, here's the flickr photo set link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave/sets/72157627332574840/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks