Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Captain Nice now coming in Germany!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 02:41 AM

They did Mr. Terrific and now Germany does it again with a Captain Nice release next week: http://translate.goo...h=625&prmd=ivns I suppose we should wait for the reviews to see if this is a legit set or not. They ran on HA! back in the early 90s here and looked really nice but they only came in at around 23 minutes. Who knows what those wacky Germans might release next. The Good Guys? The Hero? Double Life of Henry Phyfe? Rango? It would be great to get any of those short-run 60s sitcoms that aren't around.

#2 of 8 Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,408 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 06:14 AM

They did Mr. Terrific and now Germany does it again with a Captain Nice release next week: http://translate.goo...h=625&prmd=ivns I suppose we should wait for the reviews to see if this is a legit set or not. They ran on HA! back in the early 90s here and looked really nice but they only came in at around 23 minutes. Who knows what those wacky Germans might release next. The Good Guys? The Hero? Double Life of Henry Phyfe? Rango? It would be great to get any of those short-run 60s sitcoms that aren't around.

How about Camp Kunamuck which ran about the same time.

#3 of 8 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 06:26 AM

I wonder if the audio is in German or English?

#4 of 8 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,636 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 29 2011 - 08:26 AM

I really did love Captain Nice. I was young when it originally ran, but I remember being so disappointed it didn't catch on and got canceled after playing only a half season.

#5 of 8 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,915 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 04:22 PM

I wonder if the audio is in German or English?

Listed as: Language: German (Dolby Digital 2.0)

#6 of 8 Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts

Posted August 01 2011 - 07:57 AM

This site also confirms the above: "Pidax films have announced the DVD release of the 60's U.S. comedy series "The Secret of the Blue drops" [Captain Nice] for August 5, 2011. The series, written by Buck Henry ("Get Smart") revolves around a shy police chemist who invents a serum that gives him super powers which he used over the series' 15 episodes to solve difficult cases. The 2-disc set has a German Dolby Digital 2.0 soundtrack but no English language version or bonus materials."

#7 of 8 Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted August 03 2011 - 08:43 AM

It is a shame that there original tracks are not on these DVDs. Surely there is a market for this series in America and Britain?

#8 of 8 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,889 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted August 04 2011 - 12:33 AM

It is a shame that there original tracks are not on these DVDs. Surely there is a market for this series in America and Britain?

I'm sure there certainly would've been at least a few importers of this if the releasing company had the foresight to release it with the original soundtrack intact (and could've added german language/subtitle tracks for their 'home' market). Now they'd done themselves out of at least a few extra sales! There are plenty of American and British series on foreign discs that have the original language tracks preserved (for purists and English-speakers), as well as foreign language and/or subtitles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users