Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Suggerstions for in-wall center channel installation?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   kschusterman

kschusterman

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 04:31 PM

All, I'm a newbie so please be gentle. We are building a new home and I'm going to install a 7.1 surround system in the family room. We've decided to install a 65" plasma Panasonic VT series above the fireplace...to keep the height as low as possible, we're not doing a raised hearth. I'm shooting to have the bottom of the TV 5' off the floor. Anyway, I'm trying to find any creative ways to install the center channel. One obvious way is to install an inwall center channel below the TV and above the mantel. Any other thoughts? Kurt:D

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,195 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 29 2011 - 12:01 AM

I'm shooting to have the bottom of the TV 5' off the floor.

That is perfect placement if you are 6' tall and watch TV standing up. Please search the word fireplace and see how many times we recommend NOT to do this. I hope it changes your mind but if it doesn't, we will still help.

One obvious way is to install an inwall center channel below the TV and above the mantel. Any other thoughts?

How close to the mantel? Because it will probably block any sound coming from the speaker that is headed directly for you. How about a true center channel sitting on the mantel? If you are certain on in-walls, then http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=300-468 is probably the best bargain on the market. Buy 3 so that your left, right and center are all timbre matched. As your budget goes up, other options are available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users