What's new

The Honeymooner Lost Episodes 60th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Just a note to all Honeymooners fans out there. It looks like MPI is releasing a new boxset on October 4th containing the lost episodes restored (1951-1957). It will be interesting to see how these episodes look compared to the ones MPI released on dvd years ago. Some of those looked pretty grainy. UCLA Film and Television archives have been working on restoring the lost episodes for the last 2 years.

Personally, I can't wait to get this. What a great show this was.

MPI home video has the description and box cover art on their website - click on coming soon.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Hope we can finally get to see the 1957 Trip to Europe series as well as a number of episode remakes that have never been released.

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Just an update; I see that TVshowsondvd.com now also has a writeup on this upcoming boxset.

I really hope MPI did a great job on this. This show definitely deserves it.

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Just a note to all Honeymooners fans out there. It looks like MPI is releasing a new boxset on October 4th containing the lost episodes restored (1951-1957). It will be interesting to see how these episodes look compared to the ones MPI released on dvd years ago. Some of those looked pretty grainy. UCLA Film and Television archives have been working on restoring the lost episodes for the last 2 years.

Personally, I can't wait to get this. What a great show this was.

MPI home video has the description and box cover art on their website - click on coming soon.

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Sorry everyone for the duplicate post above.

John, its possible you might get your wish. The info says that there are some episodes in this set that have never been on dvd before.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the last B&W episode, which was the last show Audrey Meadows appeared in, before the reunion shows, " The Adaption" will ever be released? This was in the early 60's I believe ,so seems unlikely to be included in this set. A clip of the show was shown during one of the Honeymooners or Jackie Gleason retrospectives. I also think it was remade it color. I would like to see the original. Anyone have info about this episode?

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Garysb said:
I wonder if the last B&W episode, which was the last show Audrey Meadows appeared in, before the reunion shows, " The Adaption" will ever be released? This was in the early 60's I believe ,so seems unlikely to be included in this set. A clip of the show was shown during one of the Honeymooners or Jackie Gleason retrospectives. I also think it was remade it color. I would like to see the original. Anyone have info about this episode?
I seem to recall that sketch being repeated on a TV retrospective in the early 1990s -- I want to say it may have been the one hosted by Audrey Meadows in the Kramdens' apartment -- that special is on the "Classic 39" set as an extra but all the "Lost Episodes" clips are removed (I am guessing for licensing reasons). But I'm not certain. Though I believe it did show up somewhere.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
TV LAND aired "The Adoption" around 2000, It was in B&W. The Show didn't Switch to color until the following season.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Actually, there are two versions of "The Adoption", roughly a decade apart. The first, which aired live on March 26, 1955 has been released on video before and will most likely be on the new DVD set. The second version, which was Audrey Meadows' final CBS appearance as Alice, aired on January 8, 1966 and I believe there were musical numbers included. I have never seen the '66 version, and that's one episode I'd love to see. That, and the original "Trip to Europe" shows from the 1950s have yet to be put out on home video.

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Does anyone know if this will include surviving Dumont footage of Pert Kelton as Alice?

davidkk

Auditioning
Real Name
dean
There has been no announcement so far on TVshowsonDVD.com and there is currently no pre-order listing on Amazon, but today a listing for "The Honeymooners Lost Episodes: Complete Restored Series (60th Anniversary Edition)" was added to the MPI website's "Coming Soon" page with a 10/4/11 release date. This is great news to all of us here that have been waiting for this restored set, here's the link: http://www.mpihomevideo.com/Store/De...p?ProdID=10869 Play Poker | free poker

davidkk

Auditioning
Real Name
dean
There has been no announcement so far on TVshowsonDVD.com and there is currently no pre-order listing on Amazon, but today a listing for "The Honeymooners Lost Episodes: Complete Restored Series (60th Anniversary Edition)" was added to the MPI website's "Coming Soon" page with a 10/4/11 release date. This is great news to all of us here that have been waiting for this restored set, here's the link: http://www.mpihomevideo.com/Store/De...p?ProdID=10869 Play Poker | free poker

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Brent S said:
Does anyone know if this will include surviving Dumont footage of Pert Kelton as Alice?
I hope so -- it would appear that way since it says "1951-1957" and it was Pert Kelton from 1951-52. At least I believe this is correct. EDIT: Here's a list from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Honeymooners_episodes

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Good news- not only will the new set include the surviving Pert Kelton footage, but for the first time anywhere, all eight of the B/W "Trip to Europe" shows! http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jackie-Gleason-The-Honeymooners-Lost-Episodes-The-Complete-Restored-Series/15757

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Mark Y said:
I hope so -- it would appear that way since it says "1951-1957" and it was Pert Kelton from 1951-52. At least I believe this is correct. EDIT: Here's a list from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Honeymooners_episodes
I wonder if any of the Sullivan appearances will be in the box?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Its too bad they couldn't include the few early 1960's sketches with Sue Ane Langdon as Alice and the previously mentioned "The Adaption" from 1966. That would truly be as complete a set of unreleased Honeymooners as possible. I will be getting this set in any case. I also wish that MPI, the Gleason estate, and CBS would get together and release a super set of everything that still exists including the classic 39 in one set. This new release is so close to that.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
I wonder if any of the Sullivan appearances will be in the box?
They would have to lease that material from the company that controls of the Sullivan show, SOFA Entertainment. If SOFA hasn't released this material yet and if it presumably has value, I would think SOFA would release it themselves rather than lease it. Of course there could be problems with the rights to the characters if the Gleason estate owns those rights.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I only have one set of the last episodes so I'm glad I can buy a complete set of Lost episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks