What's new

NiMH AA battery chargers? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can y'all recommend a good battery charger/conditioner that also display how much "life" is in a rechargeable battery? I must have used up all the "life" in mine at Comicon because I had 2 sets go bad on me in my external flash unit (Canon EX580 II), even though the charger showed green for the AA batteries, and the flash would still power up the flash's display, but got no green light or red light on the flash, and the flash would not discharge a flash when needed. I'm also wondering if maybe my flash unit is eating batteries, as I would put in some other sets of rechargeable AA batteries I had on hand, and after 100+ shots, the AA batteries would be discharged to the point where the flash would not flash, but the display would still work. I was just bummed not having as much flash at my disposal for half the day, and had to re-adjust my shooting strategy for the rest of Sunday at Comicon. Granted I have used most of these rechargeable batteries for at least a year's time at 4-5 other conventions, so maybe I just destroyed them, and it's just time for new batteries.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Maha / PowerEx chargers come pretty highly recommended for their charging and reconditioning. Go to Newegg for the biggest selection. The POWEREX MH-C9000 looks to be the one to get, though the eight-bay charger also looks nice.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I've burned through batteries on both my 20D and D300, it just seems like a fact of life that batteries of all kinds don't last. I plan on sending my EN-L3s to Melville when I get a spare camera along with my D300 for cleaning and the front element fix of my 24-70, I have two dead ones and am on my third, wonder if they will replace em or not....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm tempted to check out the Quantum Turbo (or larger 2x2) battery pack. But I guess I'll got pick up some Eneloops or Maha IMedions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks