Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WHV Press Release: TCM CLASSIC FILM COLLECTIONS NOVEMBER 1, 2011

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,781 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 01:48 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 02:35 AM

AWESOME!!! More repackaged garbage!:rolleyes:

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   Randy_M

Randy_M

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted July 28 2011 - 03:31 AM

How can they say "New" classic film collections? I've had the 'Thin Man' collection on my shelf for years!
My DVDs

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   Camps

Camps

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 06:49 AM

REALLY!? Who keeps buying and re-buying all this same 'ol same 'ol??? Especially since all this stuff airs on TCM practically every month! :confused: Warners deserves kudos generally for their Archive collection, but it would be nice to see their energies expended on DVD releases of titles that haven't made it to home vid and don't appear on TCM ad infinitum. How about a Halloween collection? How about a WB Horror Mysteries Vol. 2 ...? :)

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   ReggieW

ReggieW

Screenwriter

• 1,574 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 09:16 AM

I think one of the reasons why they are releasing these classic film collections, is because they are finding their way to the shelves of retailers who no longer stock classic titles. For example, at Best Buy last night, I saw about a dozen of these collections on shelves, where as the single film releases and space-hugging box-sets dedicated to one star are pretty much now gone. I'm guessing retailers look at these collections as bargain space-savers for what they offer (4 films for under $20), and probably manage to sell enough of them to keep them in store. There are also probably plenty of people out there who didn't pick these titles up when they were originally released several years ago. This is my guess.
More Harlow on DVD Now! - Red Dust, Bombshell, Hold Your Man, Saratoga, The Iron Man, Goldie, The Secret Six, Beast of the City, Three Wise Girls, Reckless, Personal Property, Riff-raff, Suzy & Girl from Missouri

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,142 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 09:32 AM

AWESOME!!! More repackaged garbage!:rolleyes:

Repackaged? Certainly. Garbage? Certainly not. You may not like these movies, but some of us think they are wonderful.

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   mdnitoil

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor

• 783 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 12:54 PM

I think we all like the movies....that's why we already bought them years ago.

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   rdf8585

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 02:06 PM

I'm glad I picked up the older THIN MAN set with all 6 films for $29 a few months ago. The older set, which is still available, also has a 7th disc with a pair of documentaries on it. Not to mention no two-sided discs, a major plus by itself.

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 12:36 AM

Repackaged? Certainly. Garbage? Certainly not. You may not like these movies, but some of us think they are wonderful.

You misinterpreted my statement. I in no way intended to state that these films were garbage. I own them all and have for years. The package is garbage to me....and I'm extremely frustrated with WB. They were my favorite studio for years and years and now they are either at or near the very bottom. I could be wrong, but I can't count more than a handful of new to DVD titles that they've released this year......and the Archive does not count!!!

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   Berkshires

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Peterson 

You misinterpreted my statement. I in no way intended to state that these films were garbage.

Yes, clearly Robin is at fault. He made the mistake of reading your words, instead of your mind.

"Miss Garbo should be kept away from the bed entirely." - Joseph L. Breen

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 04:10 AM

Yes, clearly Robin is at fault. He made the mistake of reading your words, instead of your mind. 

Who said anything about fault? You want to turn something as silly as this in to a fight? Forget it, this is the best release that Warner has ever made. I can't wait to buy 18 copies!!!!:drum::rock::banana: Now I'm going to go find a forum with adults.

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   Berkshires

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 04:16 AM

It's been my experience that when adults make a mistake, they say "I misspoke," not "you misinterpreted me."
"Miss Garbo should be kept away from the bed entirely." - Joseph L. Breen

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 04:21 AM

It's been my experience that when adults make a mistake, they say "I misspoke," not "you misinterpreted me."

Great! It's my experience that adults don't get in the middle of a rational discussion between two other adults. :confused:

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,781 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 04:35 AM

This is a warning to everyone....

Stop this senseless bickering with each other.

This is not how we conduct ourselves here on this forum.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 05:04 AM

DELETED

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   cadavra

cadavra

Stunt Coordinator

• 162 posts

Posted July 30 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hey, this is America! If we wanna be whiny, immature cry-babies, it's our Constitutional right! So there! :patriot: Mike S. :P

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted July 30 2011 - 08:12 AM

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Yes, Americans can exercise freedom of speech. However, such "freedoms," as expressed through the "whiny, immature cry-babies" give me the urge to "peaceably" assemble other members of this forum, "petition" the owner of this forum "for a redress of grievances," and therefore, gently kick said "expressionists of free speech" out on their keisters. Now, let's return to a discussion as classic film enthusiasts instead of the Captain Kangaroo gang. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users