Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Jackie Brown (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,074 posts

Posted July 27 2011 - 09:27 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jackie Brown 

Praised with "4 stars," (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times), Tarantino's feature film follow-upJackie Brown earned a 1997 Oscar® nomination for supporting actor Robert Forster (Mulholland Drive), three Golden Globe nominations (including Best Musical/Comedy) and an NAACP Image Award nomination for Pam Grier's performance. An all-star cast joins Grier and Forster, including Samuel L. Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Michael Keaton and Bridget Fonda in Tarantino's adaptation of the novel by Elmore Leonard (3:10 to Yuma, Out of Sight).

A sexy flight attendant (Grier) is caught in a plot between the police and an arms dealer, and everyone's looking for the payoff. There are six unlikely players on the trail for a big score - a half million dollars in cash. But alliances are shaky when its unclear who is playing and who is getting played.

BLU-RAY DISC SPECIAL FEATURES*

• Critic's Corner: Then and Now - NEW
  • "Jackie Brown: How It Went Down" featurette
  • "A Look Back at Jackie Brown" - Interview with Quentin Tarantino
  • Chicks With Guns Video
  • Siskel & Ebert "At the Movies" - Jackie Brown Review
  • Jackie Brown on MTV
  • Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots
  • Stills Gallery
  • *subject to change

Pricing: Blu-ray Disc - $19.99 

October 4th, 2011

Ronald J Epstein
    Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 22 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,629 posts
    • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted July 27 2011 - 12:00 PM

So I guess this is NOT going to be a Walmart exclusive, as was previously rumored.

No matter, along with Pulp Fiction, a must-buy.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.
    * No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.
    * No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#3 of 22 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,680 posts
    • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted July 27 2011 - 12:13 PM

Ah, my favorite Tarantino film!  A must-buy for me as well!

#4 of 22 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,022 posts
    • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 27 2011 - 12:26 PM

Death Proof or Reservoir Dogs are my favorite QT movies but Jackie Brown is a very close runner up.

#5 of 22 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,180 posts
    • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted July 27 2011 - 11:39 PM

Love Jackie! Looks good. glad Siskel was still around to review the flick with Rog'. Sounds like a terrific extra. Been happy with the DVD, but adding this BD to wish list.
    Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#6 of 22 OFFLINE   Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 03:13 PM

I just thought of something...will the Blu include the collection of trailers for Pam Grier and Robert Forster movies that was included on the DVD set? :confused: I always thought that was an awesome feature, and it'd be sad if they were not included here.

#7 of 22 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,074 posts

Posted August 04 2011 - 01:34 AM

Now available for preorder.  Please support HTF

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#8 of 22 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,074 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 01:48 AM

The Blu-ray is now priced at $10.49 on Amazon (see link above)

Ronald J Epstein

#9 of 22 OFFLINE   Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 04:04 AM

If it's still priced that way towards the end of September, I'm all in for a pre-order.

#10 of 22 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,237 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 06:25 AM

If it's still priced that way towards the end of September, I'm all in for a pre-order

I believe that if you lock in the pre-order now you'll get that price no matter what (and if the price goes down, in the meantime, your order will be adjusted accordingly). You won't end up paying more than what you pre-ordered at.
    STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#11 of 22 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,074 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 06:36 AM

Will,

That is correct, and as I have always understood Amazon's price policy.

Let's take this one step further....

Those that preordered this Blu-ray over the past few weeks at about $15....

Are they now locked into the $10.49 price no matter how much it goes up from here?

Or, should anyone that has preordered at the higher price, cancel their

preorder and lock into this price?

I wasn't going to buy Jackie Brown, but at $10.49, how could you not.

Visit our Posted ImageDVDPosted ImageBLU-RAY and Posted Image3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Ronald J Epstein

#12 of 22 OFFLINE   rayman1701

rayman1701

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts
    • LocationOutside Chicago

Posted August 10 2011 - 06:47 AM

If you've already ordered it will be locked at the lowest price.  In fact if you've already pre-ordered you can check your order details and it should show the ammended price, at least it always has for me.  I pre-order a lot and have never had any issues about getting the lowest price, even if they just happen to run one of their 1 hour sales that one might not notice, the price still gets adjusted in your order details.  It's so nice to just lock something in early sometimes, because they sometimes will have it lower before all the details are up, and then it ends up being higher later and it never gets back down to the initial price.  There was a movie recently, for the life of me I can't remember right now, but I ended up getting it $5 or so cheaper than what the 1st week ended up being because they had the initial price lower than what the MSRP ended up being, so the disccount was more.  But just check you order details every so often to see if a pre-order has dropped.

\m/︶︿︶)\m/

#13 of 22 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,779 posts
    • LocationMichigan

Posted August 10 2011 - 07:20 AM

Right, my preorder price of 13.99 has already been reduced to 10.49

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#14 of 22 OFFLINE   Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 03:08 PM

If it's still priced that way towards the end of September, I'm all in for a pre-order

I believe that if you lock in the pre-order now you'll get that price no matter what (and if the price goes down, in the meantime, your order will be adjusted accordingly). You won't end up paying more than what you pre-ordered at.

What I meant was, I don't like pre-ordering this long in advance. I'm pretty sure this price will be good until October.

#15 of 22 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,359 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 03:16 PM

I preordered JACKIE BROWN on Saturday and automatically got the price reduction, which will stick even if it goes up again.

#16 of 22 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,890 posts
    • LocationMichigan

Posted August 11 2011 - 12:12 AM

If you've already ordered it will be locked at the lowest price.  In fact if you've already pre-ordered you can check your order details and it should show the ammended price, at least it always has for me.  I pre-order a lot and have never had any issues about getting the lowest price, even if they just happen to run one of their 1 hour sales that one might not notice, the price still gets adjusted in your order details.  It's so nice to just lock something in early sometimes, because they sometimes will have it lower before all the details are up, and then it ends up being higher later and it never gets back down to the initial price.  There was a movie recently, for the life of me I can't remember right now, but I ended up getting it $5 or so cheaper than what the 1st week ended up being because they had the initial price lower than what the MSRP ended up being, so the disccount was more.  But just check you order details every so often to see if a pre-order has dropped.

That has always been my experience with Amazon, too. It's really a "can't lose" proposition.

What I meant was, I don't like pre-ordering this long in advance. I'm pretty sure this price will be good until October.

You can always cancel your order later online if you change your mind. As Ray mentioned, prices do sometimes rise before release date. I've experienced this a few times where I locked in at a lower price, and it rose after all the specifications of the release became available.

#17 of 22 OFFLINE   rayman1701

rayman1701

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts
    • LocationOutside Chicago

Posted August 11 2011 - 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Brisby 

And that may be true especially since Wal-Mart has it for $10 (it was 9.86 when I ordered both it and Mad, Mad World towards the end of June).  So that my help keep Amazon's price in that same neighborhood.  I was surprised a little because Wal-Mart had it listed as an Exclusive, so I don't know if it was gonna be an exclusive or if Wal-Mart just had the wrong info that far out.  But either way it's cool to be able to pick this up for around $10.

\m/︶︿︶)\m/

#18 of 22 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,987 posts
    • LocationNew York City/San Lorenzo, PR

Posted August 11 2011 - 06:26 AM

I also don't like to preorder far in advance, not even for titles I drool over. It's got nothing to do with money but rather a desire to get my hands on select movies as early as possible. I usually grab stuff a few days early, sometimes for a premium and sometimes for about the same I would pay on street date. It's the price to be paid for being a rabid enthusiast :-)
    RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos.

#19 of 22 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,890 posts
    • LocationMichigan

Posted August 11 2011 - 07:29 AM

And that may be true especially since Wal-Mart has it for $10 (it was 9.86 when I ordered both it and Mad, Mad World towards the end of June).  So that my help keep Amazon's price in that same neighborhood.  I was surprised a little because Wal-Mart had it listed as an Exclusive, so I don't know if it was gonna be an exclusive or if Wal-Mart just had the wrong info that far out.  But either way it's cool to be able to pick this up for around $10.

I did the under $10 Wal-Mart pre-order for Jackie Brown, too, when I ordered some of the other Wal-Mart exclusives. If they include a $5 Vudu credit like they did for the other titles, this will end up being a better deal than Amazon.

#20 of 22 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,035 posts
    • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 19 2011 - 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Brisby 

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WillG 

Quote:

I didn't use to like ordering that far in advance, but Amazon has some pretty wild price swings, and considering you get the lowest price it was at, I have since changed my mind and order as far out as I can.

Here is a copy of the BD trailer:

Back to Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow