Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mirage BPSS-210 Sub. How can I find its power consumption rating?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Panayotis Melas

Panayotis Melas

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted July 24 2011 - 07:39 PM

Good day to all

I own this sub for a long time and it works flawlessly. At this period, I am renovating my HT space completely and - among other jobs - the renovation work requires the replacement of the power cables to new, thicker/stronger ones. In this effort, I am selecting information for all the devices (not only the AV equipment, but all, like lighting, A/C, etc.), especially for the power-hungry ones, like amplifiers, to determine what the main cable gauge requirements are. So far, I have this for almost all my equipment, but I am missing my Mirage subwoofer one. The only information I have is the one described in the manual, which gives the type of the embodied amplifier and its power output rating, but it does not mention anything about the power consumption. Here is what I have:

Amplifier: Discrete Class A/B current mode

Protection: Two thermal protection circuits - Smart Overload adaptive protection

Power Output: 250 WRMS, 500 W peak

Distortion: Less than 0.08% at 250 W

Drivers: Two LF drivers 10" ea, with 1" Linear Travel peak to peak

Enclosure: Dual sealed, bipolar design

Servo system: Acceleration type, High Gain 3Hz to 300Hz.

Can someone predict what is its power consumption, even approximately?

Thanks

-