Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

An interesting story about SVS

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   SHS

Stunt Coordinator

• 194 posts

Posted July 22 2011 - 07:55 AM

Back in early '08 I bit the bullet and puchased an SVS Ultra-13 box sub and have loved it every since I set it up and listened for the first time. About 1.5 yrs ago I moved to a new home and after setting up the system I found that the sub no longer worked. Being of electronic troubleshooting background I was at least able to determine that the amp was blown. The problem occured at the power supply module. Yes, I use surge protectors and conditioners so the power did not spike and cause this. It could not have come at a worse time due to the expense of moving. I prolonged the issue by not contacting SVS right away but after settling in I finally began the dialouge with them even though I full well knew my warranty period had expired. The story takes a happy turn as SVS service asked me to send in the amp and within a few weeks they shipped a new amp to me at no charge, no charge, that is no charge for shipping, service or any charge of any sort. THIS IS UNHEARD OF.....the only regret is that I have not been able to tell enough people how wonderful their support is and how satisfied I am as a customer and I will shout from the highest point how much I am blown away by thier friendly and helpful service. Thank you SVS for your quality products and great service!!!!!!!!!:):):):)
.....this is truly an illness

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,260 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 22 2011 - 08:11 AM

Monoprice is similar. I sent them an e-mail with a question about an HDMI switcher. 30 minutes later I had a UPS tracking number of my replacement. They even included a return label in the box to send back the old one.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 11,124 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted July 22 2011 - 10:19 AM

I have a similar story, but in my case it was a second-hand cylinder sub. I sent it in for repair and they wound up sending me a new one with no additional charges. It's nice to hear they continue be so awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users