-

Photo
- - - - -

EVITA ! EVITA ! EVITA!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted July 21 2011 - 02:43 PM

Why the hell is this musical masterpiece not on bluray or even anamorphic dvd?

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted July 21 2011 - 08:47 PM

I have the anamorphic DVD from Paramount that was released in Japan. This really needs to be on Blu-Ray. I hope Lions Gate does it right.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,119 posts

Posted July 22 2011 - 01:44 AM

Evita wasn't released by Miramax, so I'm not sure Lionsgate would have anything to do with this release.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,216 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 22 2011 - 03:20 AM

Hollywood Pictures released it in the US, so Disney should still have it; hopefully they'll keep it and do it themselves rather than let Mill Creek do it bare-bones.

Whether they can get the Criterion extras remains to be seen.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   ReggieW

ReggieW

Screenwriter

• 1,574 posts

Posted July 22 2011 - 04:55 AM

......Better yet, since Disney hasn't ever really expressed much interest in this title, perhaps they should simply give it back to Criterion.
More Harlow on DVD Now! - Red Dust, Bombshell, Hold Your Man, Saratoga, The Iron Man, Goldie, The Secret Six, Beast of the City, Three Wise Girls, Reckless, Personal Property, Riff-raff, Suzy & Girl from Missouri

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,216 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 22 2011 - 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by ReggieW 

......Better yet, since Disney hasn't ever really expressed much interest in this title, perhaps they should simply give it back to Criterion.

Considering the fact that Disney made no effort to obtain the extras from the Criterion Armageddon for their own BD, that's probably the only way we'll see them again.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts

Posted July 22 2011 - 06:11 AM

Why not give it Criterion? It would get a first rate transfer and a load of extras - Criterion's box set was the best...the DVD ...pretty bad

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,315 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted July 23 2011 - 10:44 AM

Not only is the DVD not anamorphic, it's single-layer. Cramming 135 minutes into a single layer results in the crowd scenes ending up a sea of pixelation.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Nick Laslett

Nick Laslett

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted July 26 2011 - 01:18 AM

The French DVD is anamorphic, dual layered with DTS sound and A bunch of interesting extras. They might even have a blu-ray version. The French like Alan Parker.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted July 26 2011 - 03:16 AM

Evita wasn't released by Miramax, so I'm not sure Lionsgate would have anything to do with this release.

Oops. My mistake.