Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Infocus 4805 troubleshooting, bad bulb?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Frank Lee

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 02:54 AM

Hi guys, I have been using an Infocus 4805 projector for several years. Last night I turned it on and about a 1/4 of the image was very dim. Between the normal area of the image and the dim area is a slight rainbow. The dim area almost looks like there is something semi transparent blocking the image as it leaves the projector. I shut it off and on but the dim area remained when it was turned back on. I also tried different sources, the problem persists. Is this a sign of a bad bulb? Bad color wheel? Is there anything I can do for free to repair it? I am planning on buying a new HD projector before the end of the year, so I don't want to put any money in this one. Thanks, Frank

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Frank Lee

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 07:10 AM

Just talked with tech support. Found out it is most likely the light tunnel.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 08:56 AM

Many people have successfully repaired their light tunnels. There is a huge thread over at the AvsForum and there should be a lot of information there. http://www.avsforum....ighlight=sp4805 One of the 4805 design engineers was active there for a long time. Depending on the severity, use of the "overscan" button can mask some of the problem.