Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Change-Up - from the writers of The Hangover

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 bugeyes

bugeyes

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted July 19 2011 - 02:47 AM

Who says men canʼt change? Two best friends, Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman, are about to find out in this hilarious New Comedy The Change-Up in theatres Aug 5th. Trailer http://bit.ly/htcvaX

#2 of 3 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,625 posts

Posted August 07 2011 - 05:52 AM

Mitch and Dave, the characters played by Ryan Reynolds (a total sex-charged, slacker) and Jason Bateman (Partner-to-be in a law firm, father, provider, husband) change bodies while making a wish peeing in a water fountain. What follows in discovering the other person's life and bodily features is raunchy in spots, funny as well, but by the end, even with some character development focused more on Mitch than Dave, the script goes for the more predictable road to its conclusion. Probably worthy of a matinee or rental, but I enjoyed it, and Olivia Wilde has never looked so good in a movie. One thing I will note is that I'm not a fan of the faux nudity that is being CGI's into films nowadays. This film feautures some of that for the Leslie Mann character, and a just smidge for Olivia Wilde's character. I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#3 of 3 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 10:14 AM

Went into a matinee that only had 6 other patrons. They were a group of mostly teens together on the back row.

When the "Tatiana" character disrobed, all 6 bolted for the exit.
That was my best laugh during the movie.

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users