-

Photo
- - - - -

Some advice regarding Klipsch home theater speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   mcampion16

mcampion16

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 05:34 AM

I am looking at buying Klipsch Home Theater Speakers and almost ready to buy a pair of F-2's Front Floorstanding Loudspeakers, One RC-52 Center Chanel Speaker , Pair of SS.5 Rear Surround Speakers and One KSW-10 10-Inch Subwoofer. Question-- Would you recommend this equipment? Question-- the room is roughly 20X30 feet-- what are some good recievers would you recommend to go along with this? Any help would be just amazing! Mike ttmcampion at hotmail dot com

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,570 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 05:39 AM

I you like how they sound, then go for it. A 10" sub is not sufficient for that room, and it is usually best to go with a sub manufacturer anyway, rather than the same brand as you have for speakers. Internet direct companies like SVS and Hsu are popular.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,152 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 16 2011 - 07:23 AM

As John recommends, audition them. Listen for more than 30 seconds though. Some people find Klipsch harsh and fatiguing. That sub runs around $200 but I'd throw more money at the sub. My room is slightly smaller than yours and I use dual 15" subs and an amp capable of 1,600w at 20 hz. I like overkill. You need something in-between unless you will be watching romantic comedies all of the time.