Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Replacement for KDL46EX710?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted July 16 2011 - 02:10 AM

Hello everyone, I currently have a Sony KDL 46ex710 as my main display. The tv looks quite good but is unfortunately afflicted with the awful clouding that this model is known for. I have had Sears replace the panel inside the tv and I am still affected by this problem and I believe it is worse now with the new panel inside of it. I have spoken to Sears and told them that I am ready to use my protection plan to move toward a different television of equal value, they will be sending a tech out this week as a formality to do this. Therefore I need to start looking at replacements. I need to stay in the 46 in. class, and I think LCD is the only option for me since our tv room has a big bay window in it that is usually casting direct light in the room each day. I am working on a $1200-$1300 budget since the current tv was about that much and anything above that will cost me the difference. Any suggestions on replacements? Thanks!
-Keith-

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,364 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted July 16 2011 - 03:00 AM

consider the higher end Samsungs and also the THX certified LG panels. Good luck!!

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted July 16 2011 - 06:16 AM

I actually am considering a Samsung UN46D6300, it is in the right price range, the right size, and has a comparable feature set. Any opinions or thoughts on this model? I don't have any experience with Samsung but many think they make a decent looking tv.

-Keith-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users