What's new

The Persuaders! blu ray set in September!!!! Roger Moore and Tony Curtis tv series!!! (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Up for preorder. Region B UK release. Hopefully there is a US release coming? Network previously released The Prisoner on blu ray in the UK and A&E released The Prisoner on blu ray here in the US Region A.
Here the trailer:

Announcement on the Network home page:
http://www.networkdvd.net/index.php
Product link:
http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?products_id=1414
If anyone knows about the region coding and if it will be region free, I would appreciate it!
Feel free to PM me as well.
It would be great to let Network and A&E know that the series is wanted here in the US as well.
Thanks!!!
Info and specs:
Two millionaire playboys - one a peer of the realm, born into money, and the other a self-made man who fought his way out of the New York slums - are conned by a retired judge into righting wrongs in a series that combines action, style, humour and panache in large quantities!
Regarded by many as being the finest of Lew Grade's ITC film series, The Persuaders! stars Roger Moore and Tony Curtis as the mismatched playboys with an eye for the ladies and a penchant for landing themselves in trouble.
Highly anticipated on Blu-ray, this highly popular action adventure series is presented here in stunning High Definition for the first time. All 24 episodes are featured alongside a wealth of special features, many previously unseen:
Special Features
• Digitally restored, High Definition transfers
• 156 page fully-bound book of viewing notes by Andrew Pixley
• Recently found, extensive textless material (including some behind the scenes) (HD)
• Previously unseen alternate title sequence (HD)
• Extensive HD image galleries of rare and previously unseen stills
• 1972 Sun TV Awards footage with Tony Curtis
• Contemporary French interview on location from 1971
• Moore and Curtis reunion on the Alan Titchmarsh Show from 2008
• Merchandise image gallery (HD)
• The Morning After - Remembering The Persuaders! exclusive documentary
• Commentaries with Roger Moore, Tony Curtis and production staff
• AVROSkoop contemporary documentary from 1971
• Top of the Pops promotional video for John Barry's theme
• Promotional spots
• Trailers and archive newsreel footage
• Tony Curtis interviewed by Russell Harty
• French titles
• Commercial break bumpers
• Script PDFs
• International movie versions and trailers for London Conspiracy, Mission: Monte Carlo, Sporting Chance and The Switch
• and more
Catalogue Number: 7957036
Time: 1200 mins approx
Region: B
Subtitles: English
Sound: Mono / English
Picture: 1.33:1 / Colour
Number of Discs: 8
Classification: PG
Barcode: 5027626703646

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
This looks like another top class release from Network and I very much look forward to being able to order it.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
points for having Moore,Curtis and the second creepiest theme music after Doctor Who..

Thanks John Barry !
Only 24 episodes were made ????
When you're a kid,it seems that this had 20 seasons

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Maybe not creepy,but a more ominous tone compared to let's say The champions theme or Mission impossible which have more of a heroic uplifting feel to it.
To me,it doesn't sound like here comes the two playboys.Sounds more like nuclear bomb coming.
I'm not a music expert,but the notes make me think of the word dread.
I know,i know when the sugar is ABOVE the cereal you have to stop !

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I love John Barry's theme for The Persuaders!!!
Any news on a US release of the series on blu ray??
I really wish A&E Home Video would comment or respond to emails!!
Poor customer service, IMO.

Real Name
Håkan Andersson
Take a look at this clip from 2008 where Curtis & Moore are reunited after all these years. It looks like Curtis really is surprised of Roger Moore's appearance. (you can skip the first 4 minutes)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hakan Andersson said:
Take a look at this clip from 2008 where Curtis & Moore are reunited after all these years. It looks like Curtis really is surprised of Roger Moore's appearance. (you can skip the first 4 minutes)
Very cool.
This show really should get a US blu ray release.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Hakan Andersson

Hakan! There is a name I haven't seen in a while. We will be back in LA summer of 2012!

Real Name
Håkan Andersson
Adam Gregorich said:
Hakan!  There is a name I haven't seen in a while.  We will be back in LA summer of 2012! 
Well, lucky for you! But I think you're mistaking me for somebody else?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Persuaders region B UK blu ray set is out on 9/19. Any early reviews of the set yet?
Still trying to figure out a region free mod blu ray player so that I can eventually pick up the set.
Really disappointed that there is not a Region A US release!!!!

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I received the set this morning in the post. The image quality is superb and there's tons of extra features. Well worth an import if you're a fan IMO.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Any other reviews or news about this set?
I really wish Region 1 (US) would get it. I haven't picked up a region free blu ray player as of yet, so I have not ordered the set yet.
I really hope The Saint and The Avengers come to blu ray in the near future as well.
I know they did new mastering on The Avengers series, but I am holding out for blu ray. I have the old A&E Emma Peel set on DVD. I would like to get the Cathy Gale and Tara King years at some point. Holding out for blu ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks