Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rizzoli & Isles Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,990 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 12 2011 - 08:44 AM

I hope my spelling on this is right.   The Cop & Coroner return for Season 2.   I sometimes think they have patterned Isles after Bones.. but more lighthearted.   Still, it's a cute show, decent summer fare.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 19 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,564 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 12 2011 - 02:20 PM

I am continuing to watch even though I thought the show fell apart a bit in its last episodes of season one. This premiere wasn't as engrossing as I was hoping, but I still have it on the DVR schedule.

#3 of 19 Kazz

Kazz

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted August 24 2011 - 09:23 AM

This is one of my favorites, season 1 definitely locked me in as a fan. I learned about Rizzoli & Isles last season when the social media marketing company I work for did some of the campaigning for Turner, I found myself liking the characters the more I watched, and it was a pleasure to see old faves like Chaz Palminteri playing a paternal role that differs from the one he played in a Bronx Tale. The ep 2x06 was one of my favorites this season, a great story of a Minor League coach who paid for his efforts to do the right thing with his life. Start to finish this one was excellent, illustrating a character who, at the very beginning is just to the characters, and the viewer, a soaked corpse in a shower and changing that character into a individual that both parties mourn, is a masterstroke in the hands of the writers. I haven't read the original Tess Gerritsen novels, but writing like what was showcased in this story, has me seriously considering checking out the books!

#4 of 19 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 4,974 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 02 2011 - 01:53 PM

I've read the first three novels and they are very different from the series. The tone is darker and rougher. They are well written and I like them. Bones and R&I series have something in common: both have small resemblance to the novels that inspired them.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 19 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,425 posts

Posted September 06 2011 - 09:04 AM

I'll have to check out the books, but I really enjoy the series. It's not anything great or original as far as the plots are concerned, but it has very likable characters and is an enjoyable way to spend 40+ minutes.

#6 of 19 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,990 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted November 29 2011 - 12:12 PM

So, was last night (it returned last night, just realized from my Media Center catching it) still Season 2, or was that a Season 3 premiere?

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#7 of 19 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,564 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 29 2011 - 02:20 PM

Still season two.

#8 of 19 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted November 30 2011 - 09:29 AM

Had thought Rizzoli & Isles' second season was going to consist of ten episodes again, but TNT must have ordered either a longer run or ordered additional scripts partway into filming of the second season.

Season 2 starts in the UK on Alibi towards the end of January (when will someone pick up the rights to show The Glades?!).

#9 of 19 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,564 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 30 2011 - 02:22 PM

No, the show has become such a big hit that TNT ordered more episodes for season two. I think it was 16 episodes, but I could be wrong about that.

#10 of 19 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted December 04 2011 - 06:33 AM

Did say in my previous post that TNT must have ordered a longer run.

It's looking like 16 episodes in total for the second season. However, EpGuides.com have episode 15 as premiering on TNT on 26th December, so unless there are 16 episodes in total (and episode 16 will premiere in the New Year), episode 15 is the season finale.

#11 of 19 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted January 18 2012 - 10:49 AM

The second season starts on Alibi a week tomorrow. Are many of this season's episodes based/loosely based on some of Tess Gerritsen's novels?

#12 of 19 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 02:56 AM

Don't know quite what to make of the second season of Rizzoli & Isles. It's been very patchy compared to a good run of quality episodes in the first season. Can probably count on one hand how many really good episodes there have been (including the episode where Jane's nemesis returns, and the war re-enactment murder case).

#13 of 19 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,564 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 13 2012 - 03:18 AM

I thought the show kind of fell apart at the end of the first season (last couple of episodes), and that the second season was a little steadier. It's not a great show, but I do enjoy the chemistry between the two leads, and the plots hold my interest even with all of the problems. I'm looking forward to its summer run for season three.

#14 of 19 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 12:06 PM

I agree with MattH. It's not a great show, but I do feel it's fun to watch. Unlike a lot of shows where you actually have to pay attention or you might miss some major story point, this is just good, light summer fare. Play it in the background while barbequing, talking on the phone or just about anything else. You won't miss much and it's easy to catch right back on to the storyline. Glad it's back for another run. Don't recall her name, but always missed the one woman since she so violently left NCIS. Nice seeing her back on a regular show again. ---------------------------------- Temporary brain cramp, Sasha Alexander is the woman I was thinking of. ---------------------------------- Another brief edit, but an interesting piece of trivia I never knew, Sophia Loren is Sasha's mother in law.
Stan

#15 of 19 Bradt Coke

Bradt Coke

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 05:39 PM

I like it very much

#16 of 19 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted April 15 2012 - 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by MattH. 

I thought the show kind of fell apart at the end of the first season (last couple of episodes), and that the second season was a little steadier. It's not a great show, but I do enjoy the chemistry between the two leads, and the plots hold my interest even with all of the problems. I'm looking forward to its summer run for season three.

Compared to Covert Affairs and Rookie Blue, which had consistent second seasons and improved and surprised in places, of the shows I watch each week Rizzoli & Isles has been a show which I don't mind watching, but I haven't been impressed by it much in it's second season. Some shows are like films at the cinema where you leave your brain at the door, and some you concentrate on, and others are a mixture of the two. Rizzoli & Isles is a mixture of the two. The chemistry is as good as in the first season though (just wish they'd choose the right music for a scene. And sometimes a piece of music need not be used).

Three more episodes of the second season left.

#17 of 19 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,564 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 15 2012 - 08:41 AM

Though the writing and casting are inconsistent, one thing that isn't inconsistent is its popularity. It emerged by the end of season two as TNT's most popular series last season unseating The Closer (but not by much) which had held the crown for six previous years.

#18 of 19 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 10:20 AM

Were the top two places in the most watched weekly US cable series chart swapped round, with The Closer down to second place? Since Rizzoli & Isles debuted, The Closer had been the most watched US cable series with Rizzoli & Isles in second place. The last time I checked the ratings for Rizzoli & Isles' second season they had dropped a bit since the first season. and was still in second place.

#19 of 19 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,564 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 16 2012 - 02:23 PM

The chart I read in Variety within the past month ranked the shows after DVR+3 results were tallied for their most recent seasons and showed The Closer behind by less than a million viewers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users