Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

HHGregg?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 11 2011 - 09:35 AM

Hey gang, HH Gregg just opened a bunch of stores in South Florida. Are they worth visiting?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#2 of 8 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,970 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 11 2011 - 01:46 PM

Nothing special, basically a big box store like Best Buy with mostly TV/Stereo/Appliances/Bedding. Minimal to no software and virtually no computer stuff. They are nice to have nearby to promote pricematching and the A/V is certainly a big step above the Target/WM/Meijer brands and usually a lot more choices than Sears. The stores are a bit more compact in general compared to Best Buy and none of the stores have dedicated showrooms. I haven't found the employees to be particularly knowledgeable especially compared the BB Magnolia departments.

#3 of 8 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 12 2011 - 06:19 AM

I've been fed some pretty ridiculous whoppers by BB Magnolia employees! Thanks for the info.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 8 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,970 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 12 2011 - 11:08 AM

Sorry about that. Other than trying to upsell generally the Magnolia guys at least seem to try to understand what they're selling. I guess maybe I've just gotten lucky finding a couple folks who like A/V instead of just the job.

#5 of 8 Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 914 posts

Posted July 12 2011 - 01:46 PM

I recently got my first-ever HDTV from my local HH Gregg--a Mitsubishi DLP. Fair, honest and knowlegable. Definitely check them out.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#6 of 8 Alfonso_M

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted July 13 2011 - 07:11 PM

I was watching Letterman tonight (or was it Jimmy Fallon?) and saw a commercial for this chain for the first time ever, all Stores seem to be in the Broward county area, I welcome the stores, like someone said , is good for competition.

#7 of 8 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,688 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted July 16 2011 - 03:55 AM

Mostly jerks working in the one here in central jersey. I avoid at all costs.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#8 of 8 Wayne_Marshall

Wayne_Marshall

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted August 14 2011 - 01:31 PM

I worked for HHGREGG here in VA and I can give you the low down.

All salespeople at the store are on 100% commission. While that usually means that the salespeople take the time to learn the products and are able to advise you on your purchase, sadly it is not the case. The main moneymaker for HHGREGG are the extended warranties. One of the salespeople I worked with made lots of money and was the top salesperson in the AV department, but when he bought a TV he wasn't sure how to even hook it up properly or what the difference between HDMI and component cables were.

He was good at convincing people to purchase extended warranties.

Overall, it is a good alternative for appliance and AV purchases. It is best if you do your research before you go in and don't allow the salesperson to take the lead. There are some good people working there, but most are just looking to sell you a warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users