-

Photo
- - - - -

ALL THAT JAZZ ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 742 posts

Posted July 10 2011 - 04:40 PM

Just finished watching this again on Encore. Great film. Looking forward to a bluray release in the near future.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,216 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 11 2011 - 12:50 AM

Me too. This was the first R-rated movie I was ever allowed to watch, thus it holds a special place in my heart. Plus, it's a stunning piece of work; Bob Fosse did few films, but all of them have something to recommend in them, even Star 80. However, it's this that is his magnum opus, IMO. Most people remember Roy Scheider for Jaws, but to me he'll always be Joe Gideon, popping those pills and declaring to his mirror "it's showtime, folks!"

This needs a Blu-Ray upgrade. The last DVD had that horrible green color and was way too dark, not like any version I had seen before including the first DVD.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,907 posts

Posted July 11 2011 - 11:30 AM

One of my all-time favorite films.

I know Schawn, the restorationist over at Fox,

is aware of the demand of this film.

...and yes, there was bad coloring in the last

DVD release.

This sorely needs a Blu-ray release.  Something

tells me we shouldn't be waiting too much longer.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 6 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,207 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 11 2011 - 11:42 AM

A remarkable film.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,455 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted July 11 2011 - 02:03 PM

I can't tell you how much I love this film. Wait. I just did.

The Blu-ray will be a VERY welcome addition to the library.  And yes, I also skipped the last DVD for the same reason stated here.

"It's show time, folks."

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   JoshuaB.

JoshuaB.

Second Unit

• 408 posts
  • LocationCowtown, formerly Vancouver

Posted July 12 2011 - 06:27 AM

I too love this film--I grew up loving Roy Scheider in Jaws ("It's only an island from the water.") and I sought out all the wonderful films he starred in (French Connection, Seven Ups, Marathon Man, etc.). All That Jazz is a fantastic film and I'd love to upgrade the first DVD edition to blu-ray!