What's new

24 x 34 great room - cathedral ceiling - new house need a new sound system for less than 2 Grand! Yi (1 Viewer)

longjnsilver

Auditioning
Real Name
(Rev. Dr.) John Wade Long, Jr.
After 6 years in a 900 apartment in London duplex (NO loud music allowed), and having sold my Bose Acoustimass and Yamaha R9 - I'm starting over. We're building a house in the mountains of Hendersonville NC - NO near neighbors - YAHOO! - so I can make all the noise I want. Need a setup (speakers & receiver) for under $2000.00 (speakers and receiver) - for a 24' x 34' great room with a 15' high cathedral ceiling. SUGGESTIONS? I USED to be up with sound equipment - started in the 1970s with AR (XA turntable), bookshelf speakers and a small Dynaco amp and tuner. Then hand built a MASSIVE Dynaco outfit - separate tube amp, preamp, tuner, and graphic equalizer - with TEAC 10 1/2" NAB reel-to-reel - that sort of thing. Then had a Yamaha R9 and BOSE Acoustimass system in Africa (10 years), sold it when we moved to London, and now have NOTHING! (Not even a TV - had to sell my 230 VAC 50 HZ SONY Bravia when we left England 2 weeks ago.) * sniff * :confused: HELP! Thanks, Johnny Long - an old audiophile lost in the New World :P

longjnsilver

Auditioning
Real Name
(Rev. Dr.) John Wade Long, Jr.
Me... yes, again. What about the: Definitive Technology ProCinema 800 - packaged set of six pieces for 5.1? Johnny

Spankydahamstr

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Hello there sir I am willing to comment on the ProCinema 800 as I have had it before. I will say that I loved the system. It was excellent. I will say that the custom Def Tech system I put together after was better. I pieced to gather 1 ProCinema 2000 and 2 1000 center channels. For the rears the surround 1000's and a used SVS sub from what I guess was there older series. Any who as a current Def Tech user I recommend a bit of custom work to their 5.1 boxes. I believe that their center Channels are rocking and much fuller than any of there "ProCinema" surrounds. If you are willing to order them Manufacture refurbished then you can get a very nice deal. There is a guy on ebay who pretty much exclusively sells Def Tech refurbished products I have 3 of them now and they are awesome. The ProCenter 2000 goes for less than 200$ from the Ebay seller. I hope that my opinion helps you. I guess my recommendation is that you should grab 1 PC2000 and 2 PC1000's or 3 PC2000's as your L/R/C and for the rear either 4 PC800's or PC1000's depending on what you have space for and room size; if your just doing 5.1 then 2 of the latter will suffice. I had awesome results from that ProSub 800 but from the info you gave I think you could benefit from something a little stronger. The guys on this forum are very knowledgeable about the markets current subs and I am sure you can or will get a better recommendation than I'd have in regards to the sub. Good Luck and I'm sure you'll find the help you need. Two thumbs up for Def Tech though you just can't go wrong with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks