What's new

Epson 9350, or 8700UB? (1 Viewer)

eyeage30

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
I am ready to buy a projector. After much discussion and thought, my better half and I agree that a projector is going to be OMG awesome! So, with that said. Which of these is my best option, and why? The one major difference for me is that the pro 9350 will require me to shell out cash, which I can do, but I can buy the 8700 on my best buy cc for 3 years free financing (thus allowing me to spend more on a screen, etc). The 9350 also comes with a ceiling mount and extra bulb, and while that's awesome... I'd rather have the best possible picture since they're both the same price (roughly). Let the games begin! Thanks in advance

eyeage30

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Jim. You seem to know what you're talking about, and respond to most of my questions. Thank you. :)

eyeage30

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Jim Mcc said:
I have you fooled too huh?: :)
I guess so. Quick question for you, should I buy one of those calibration CD diy kits and use it on this when I get it? And is the 8700UB my best bet for the price? $1999 with free bulb on avscience..

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys Only use a test DVD if you want a good image ;-) Id give gotapex.com a call for pricing. they are a sponsor and should be able to offer better pricing then the site you mentioned that should never be said by name. :)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
eyeage30 said:
I guess so. Quick question for you, should I buy one of those calibration CD diy kits and use it on this when I get it? And is the 8700UB my best bet for the price? $1999 with free bulb on avscience..
Yes, you should buy a cal. disc. The Disney WOW disc is highly recommended and is great for beginners also. Wherever you buy from, make sure it's an authorized Epson dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks