Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Got a new job

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted July 08 2011 - 01:41 AM

I haven't posted much lately because about a month ago I got a new job. I spent the last 9 years being self-employed doing computer tech and consulting work. While the money wasn't great, especially during the recession do to a lack of clients, it left me plenty of time to be a stay at home dad to my 2 daughters (which reminds me, I need to post some recent pics). Anyway, about 6 weeks ago, a friend told me to send him his resume, because the company he works for is looking to add some new developers. I did, and a week later got a call that turned into a phone interview, and they offered me the job. It was an offer I couldn't refuse, and I still get to work from home. It's a very exciting opportunity for me. The company does ecommerce implementation and support using a particular high-end software package, and some of our clients own major product brands. Anyway, now that I'm getting settled in, I hope to get back to participating around here, and making fun of Mike Frezon for not getting Best Buy coupons in the mail. :D

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 5,122 posts

Posted July 08 2011 - 02:39 AM

Best of luck and hope you enjoy the new job. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted July 17 2011 - 10:17 AM

That's great! good luck at your new gig.
-Keith-

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted July 17 2011 - 10:36 AM

Congrats!!
Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 19,022 posts

Posted July 21 2011 - 07:34 AM

That's a significant change, Joe! Congratulations, I suppose the "couldn't refuse" part is what makes the job deserve a congrat.   Cees

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted September 08 2011 - 07:50 AM

Well, this is the first time I've been back over here since the job change. Life has been crazy and I rarely have downtime these days, even outside of work. In addition to my changes, my wife got a new position with her company. She's now working from home 4+ days a week because she works for a Phoenix-based department and really has no reason to drive to her desk anymore. My oldest daughter started pre-K late August, and in October my younger daughter will be joining her 3 days a week at the daycare center, so I'll only be a half stay at home dad. And I've been supporting ecommerce sites for FILA, Brooks Running and some clothing etailers. Pretty soon I'm going to start work on a rebuild of a Lifetime Brands' Mikasa brand social media site (Mikasa being the flatware and place setting brand you can find at retailers like Bed bath & Beyond). Lifetime also owns other famous brands such as Cusinart and KitchenAid. So, as you can see, my house has been crazy with change the last couple of months. @Cees, the real reason I couldn't refuse, besides the fact that I enjoy the challenge, was the money. The computer tech self-employment thing I'd been up to for the last 9 years was just not doing well, especially in this economy. We're talking a 20-fold increase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users