-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Mimic (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,204 posts

Posted July 06 2011 - 11:34 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Mimic on Blu-ray Disc

Audiences will experience High Definition thrills as Lionsgate debuts Guillermo Del Toro's Mimic for the very first time on 1080P High Definition Blu-ray Disc.  Featuring new bonus materials created especially for this release, this disc includes audio commentary and an introduction from Del Toro, two featurettes looking at the creatures from the film and a behind-the-scenes retrospective on the shooting of the film plus never-before-seen additional content including deleted/alternate scenes, outtakes and storyboard animatics.  Mimic stars Academy Award® winner* Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite) and Academy Award® nominee** Josh Brolin (No Country for Old Men) along with Jeremy Northam (Showtime's "The Tudors").

Directed by Oscar® nominee Del Toro (Best Writing, Original Screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth, 2006), the Miramax film Mimic features a screenplay and screen story by Matthew Robbins & Guillermo Del Toro and is based on the short story by Donald A. Wollheim. 

A disease carried by common cockroaches is killing children in Manhattan. In an effort to stop the epidemic, entomologist Susan Tyler (Sorvino) creates a mutant breed of insect that secretes a fluid to kill the roaches. This mutant breed was engineered to die after one generation, but three years later Susan finds out that the species has survived and evolved into a large, gruesome monster that can mimic human form.

*Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Mighty Aphrodite, 1995

**Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Milk, 2008

Pricing: Blu-ray Disc - $19.99

September 27, 2011

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 Vincent_P

Vincent_P

Screenwriter

• 1,701 posts

Posted July 07 2011 - 01:21 AM

Seeing as how this release has new bonus materials including a Del Toro commentary, does this mean this is his new Director's Cut that he discusses 5:10 into this interview: Vincent

#3 of 11 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,034 posts

Posted July 07 2011 - 10:28 AM

Doubtful this is a different cut, otherwise it would have been exalted within the press release.

#4 of 11 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,906 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted July 07 2011 - 02:01 PM

Count me in either way. I must confess that this would be a blind buy for me, as I adore del Toro's work.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#5 of 11 Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted July 07 2011 - 04:14 PM

I remember really liking this movie back in the day (in fact, it was probably the first Del Toro film I had seen at that point). Plus, Mira Sorvino at her late-90's hottest didn't hurt. :D And good cover art?! How the hell did that happen? :eek: I'll definitely pick this up after an appropriate price drop.

#6 of 11 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted July 09 2011 - 11:20 AM

I've been waiting for a decent release of this title through 2 formats. DVD provided a crappy release that was non-anamorphic from what I remember so I didn't even bother with it. Now that it's coming out on Blu-ray, this just makes my day. Will definitely be grabbing this one as I haven't watch the film since I saw it in the theatre back in the 90's......Damn, was it that long ago?!:eek:
Recently watched- Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses, Buried, Escape Plan, Sudden Impact, The Enforcer(1976), The Other Guys, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, Lost: Season 1

"Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!"

#7 of 11 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,204 posts

Posted July 11 2011 - 04:07 AM

Lionsgate is proud to announce major updates to the September 27th Blu-ray Disc release of Mimic, now to be released as Mimic: The Director's Cut, including newly restored footage, a sound upgrade and the addition of another featurette to the list of never-before seen special features from director/co-writer Guillermo Del Toro.

Mimic: The Director's Cut on Blu-ray Disc

Audiences will experience High Definition thrills as Lionsgate debuts Guillermo Del Toro's never-before-seen director's cut of Mimic, available for the very first time anywhere, on 1080P High Definition Blu-ray Disc.  This all new cut of the film, featuring seven minutes of restored footage, introduces subtle character moments that transform Mimic into a film that Del Toro fans and newcomers alike will embrace as the definitive version.  Containing new bonus materials created especially for this release, the disc includes audio commentary and a video prologue from Del Toro plus three featurettes; a look at the creatures from the film, a behind-the-scenes retrospective on the shooting of Mimic and Del Toro discussing his vision of the film and how he completed this version, as well as deleted scenes, a gag reel and storyboard animatics.  Mimic: The Director's Cut stars Academy Award® winner* Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite) and Academy Award® nominee* Josh Brolin (No Country for Old Men) along with Jeremy Northam (Showtime's "The Tudors").

Directed by Oscar® nominee Del Toro (Best Writing, Original Screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth, 2006), the Miramax film Mimic: The Director's Cut features a screenplay and screen story by Matthew Robbins & Guillermo Del Toro and is based on the short story by Donald A. Wollheim. 

A disease carried by common cockroaches is killing children in Manhattan. In an effort to stop the epidemic, entomologist Susan Tyler (Sorvino) creates a mutant breed of insect that secretes a fluid to kill the roaches. This mutant breed was engineered to die after one generation, but three years later Susan finds out that the species has survived and evolved into a large, gruesome monster that can mimic human form.

*Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Mighty Aphrodite, 1995

*Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Milk, 2008

ALL NEW BLU-RAY DISC SPECIAL FEATURES*

·      Video Prologue with director Guillermo del Toro- NEW

·      Audio commentary with director/co-writer Guillermo Del Toro - NEW

·      "Reclaiming Mimic" featurette - NEW

·      "A Leap In Evolution - The Creatures of Mimic" featurette - NEW

·      "Back Into The Tunnels - Shooting Mimic" featurette  - NEW

·      Deleted scenes - NEW

·      Storyboard animatics - NEW

·      Gag reel - NEW

·      Theatrical Trailer

*subject to change

Pricing: Blu-ray Disc - $19.99

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#8 of 11 bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 867 posts

Posted July 11 2011 - 04:34 AM

:tu:

#9 of 11 dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,123 posts

Posted July 11 2011 - 04:50 AM

Awesome news!

Careful man! There's a beverage here!

#10 of 11 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,034 posts

Posted July 11 2011 - 01:12 PM

Doubtful this is a different cut, otherwise it would have been exalted within the press release.

I am so very glad I was wrong...!

#11 of 11 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,906 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted July 11 2011 - 03:58 PM

Now I really am psyched, especially at this MSRP.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert