What's new

Got 6 Klipsch speakers. Need a sub and receiver. (1 Viewer)

SeanK325

Agent
Real Name
Sean
My uncle gave me some Klipsch speakers. They're about 6 inches in height. Can someone recommend a sub and a receiver? Not looking to spend a lot. Just need to amplify the sound on my Sony 60"

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Budget!!!!!!! "not a lot" means different things to different people. For your sub, what are your goals? Do you want to realistically recreate the explosions in Battle: Los Angeles? How large is your room? Movies, music or both? What equipment are you connecting to your receiver? What model are the Klipsch speakers?

SeanK325

Agent
Real Name
Sean
I have a PS3 and I do watch a lot of movies, play games, and a ton of ESPN. I'd like to have a decent sounding sub. I'm not expecting Velodyne type performance, but just something that won't force me to turn the volume to the MAX on the TV. The room is about 20' long by 15' wide with 15' ceilings. I'm not sure on the model of the speakers. Beside the Klipsch name, it just says "Quintet" with 100 watts.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You still haven't given us your budget. I own the BIC America F12 and it's a very nice sub. It's said by many to be the best sub under $200.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not expecting Velodyne type performance
I wouldn't subject you to that type of performance to cost. As Jim posted, the BIC is a great sub in the under $200 range. The Lava 12" is great under the $300 range. Go to the Klipsch site and search on Quintet. Find the exact model. I may recommend a 10" sub if you need to use a higher crossover point.

SeanK325

Agent
Real Name
Sean
Robert_J said:
I wouldn't subject you to that type of performance to cost. As Jim posted, the BIC is a great sub in the under $200 range. The Lava 12" is great under the $300 range. Go to the Klipsch site and search on Quintet. Find the exact model. I may recommend a 10" sub if you need to use a higher crossover point.
Jim Mcc said:
You still haven't given us your budget. I own the BIC America F12 and it's a very nice sub. It's said by many to be the best sub under $200.
Well, I couldn't find any info on the style Quintet I have. I'm assuming it's either from the late 90s or early 2000s. Either way, I don't know if I want to spend more than $200-300 between a sub and receiver. If I must, I might as well buy a HTiB, right? I know piecing a system together gives me the chance to get better quality items, but a HTiB is just a great value. I saw the BIC on amazon and it looks like a great option: new for $182. Any ideas for a receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks