Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Onkyo HT-6200 Receiver, how can I find the real RMS wattage?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 wmblalock

wmblalock

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 04:50 AM

I have an Onkyo HT-6200 system. It has a Powered Zone 2 feature, but all it says is that its 130watts @ 6ohms. Some websites say that is peak wattage, some say that is RMS wattage. I find it hard to believe that it is RMS wattage. Either way, how can I find out out, or does anyone know what the real RMS wattage output is on this receiver? I want to buy some Zone 2 ceiling speakers that match well with this receivers RMS power output but I don't know if I need to buy expensive 130watt RMS speakers or if I just need normal 45watt RMS speakers.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 of 2 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,441 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 11:30 AM

1). There is no such thing as "real" wattage, though I guarantee that receiver is not capable of anthing anywhere near 130 watts in the real world. 2). Since watt ratings are so meaningless, there is also no such thing or need to "match" power ratings.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users