What's new

New B.I.C F12 stopped working (1 Viewer)

RCPJohn42

Agent
Real Name
John Billig
I watched 10 movies in the last 3 weeks. Everything worked great, than the sub stopped making bass. Lights on in the back, fuse is good, but no base. I was just using and had watched a movie, than turned everything off, came back an hour later and no bass. When I take the cable off the back of the receiver and rub my finger on the end, I get a bass feedback. What does this say about what may be the problem. It has to be either the Sub, cable or receiver. Everything is brand new. thanks in advance, John

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When I take the cable off the back of the receiver and rub my finger on the end, I get a bass feedback.
That eliminates the cable and the sub as the problem. It is your receiver and it is probably a setting somewhere that you accidentally changed.

RCPJohn42

Agent
Real Name
John Billig
Thanks for the information. I have a new Pioneer VSX30. Is there a specific setting that would do this? Should I maybe look for an option that put everything back to default, as I have not calibrated anything yet and simply just hooked everything up and played movies with the factory settings. Everything sounded great, so I haven't got around to doing any adjustments yet. It's a little frustrating with everything being new, although I understand electronics can be a little fragile when it comes to settings and things. Makes me kind of wanting to get rid of the sub and just get some good tower front speakers with good woofers for the bass. Without the sub, the system sounds pretty good with just the shelf speaker woofers in the front. I don't need too much bass to be satisfied. thanks again.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have not calibrated anything yet
That's your problem. MCACC will set everything ALMOST perfectly. Levels and distance are perfect. If you have a built-in EQ that is set as well. Depending on your speakers they may get set to large. It's common practice here to have them all set to small so that your sub handles all of the bass duties. I usually boost the sub output by 3db also.

RCPJohn42

Agent
Real Name
John Billig
Robert_J said:
I have not calibrated anything yet
That's your problem. MCACC will set everything ALMOST perfectly. Levels and distance are perfect. If you have a built-in EQ that is set as well. Depending on your speakers they may get set to large. It's common practice here to have them all set to small so that your sub handles all of the bass duties. I usually boost the sub output by 3db also.
Yes, that makes sense, but I everything was working fine for 3 weeks. I didn't do anything but turn the system off and back on again and when I did, no bass out the amp. I will read through the manual today and see if there is a sub setting that somehow change or switched off. The fastest way I can see to figure the problem is too try my sub on another system. If it works, than I would need to try another sub on my receiver to see exactly the problem. I don't think it is the cable as it is new and I am getting some feedback from the sub when I rub my finger over the end at the receiver. Weird it just cut out like that.

RCPJohn42

Agent
Real Name
John Billig
I spoke to a B.I.C. rep and he believes the problem is the sub. I have another unit on the way. Will let you know how it turns out. thanks, John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks