Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Educated 3-D guess?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted July 01 2011 - 02:55 AM

It's appearant that there is no announcement of a "classic" 3-D movie at the moment...so to create discussion from those "in the know," i was wondering what might be expected to be the first classic release on Blu ray. THE MAD MAGICAN is available from SONY as a PS3 incentive so it probably would not be much of an effort to transfere to Blu; HOUSE OF WAX is a big favorite (i think); IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON seem to be big favorites (but MCA doesn't seem to be a chance taker with its classics)...so, with justification, what do you think we might expect?....if any!? Thanks.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 01 2011 - 08:19 AM

If Warners wants to exploit the Hitchcock films they have under their control, obviously Dial 'M' for Murder would be a top priority. And if they do that one, they might as well do Kiss Me Kate, House of Wax, Murders in the Rue Morgue, and Hondo, too. Make it a 3D Blu-ray box set, and if there are 2D Blu-ray transfers as part of the box, it'd have a great allure for classic movie fans whether they were 3D-equipped or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users