What's new

Trying to plan an upgrade (1 Viewer)

scottmiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Mizerak
I have a 12 year old Bose accustomatic system ( white in color ), I have a Yamaha receiver, sony Blu-Ray player, and Sony 52" LCD display. I do like my home theater sound but I want to upgrade it. I seriously have been considering the Bose T20 system, however $1799 seems so very steep to pay and then I dont have a dedicated tuner. I am asking for help from the veterans that are up in the latest and greatest..... I really appreciate any help that you can provide.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Hi Scott. Wow! Bose,huh. Let's start by saying you can do way better. Bose is a 4 letter word around here. If you like the cube style speakers, consider Boston Acoustics. Or, are you looking to get monitor style speakers, or floor standers? How much are you wanting to spend? Answers to these questions will get you more help from a lot of folks here. If you are considering monitors or floor standing speakers, you might take a look at Axion online. You could get a great system for less that what they want for the Bose T20 System and it will sound 10 times better. If you like your theater sound now, you will LOVE it after replacing the Bose. There are sooo many different brands of speakers out there , so you need to listen (if it's possible) to as many brands as you can. Just get the proper info in here and you'll get plenty of help. And welcome to the forum!

scottmiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Mizerak
Well I really want a small cube type format. I figured between $800-$1000..... The one advantage to the Bose T20, is that it comes with a control box to increase the sound quality..... Any futher help would be appreciated......

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
I have the Mirage Nanosat 5.1 system and for a seamless sound-field, they are great. They are great for movies and some types of music, like jazz or sparsely orchestrated pieces, but are somewhat lacking on large scale music. Right now, Amazon has them for only $407, a bargain price.

http://www.amazon.com/Mirage-Nanosat-5-1-High-Performance-Speaker/dp/B001H2VBD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309624076&sr=8-1

Another consideration is the Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 800 system. This system gets great reviews on CNET and it is supposed to do as well with music as it does with movies. The satellites are still fairly small. They are $1200 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Technology-Pro-Cinema-800/dp/B001JQZXCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309624620&sr=1-1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks