What's new

Austin Powers 3 trailer - Mini Austin! (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, we needed a thread for the Goldmember trailer that everyone is seeing in front of LOTR.
Those guys are just super funny. I love the Fat Bastard in gold paint thing too, but I'll never be able to watch Goldfinger the same way again. :D
On one hand you can see it getting old, but on the other I think they are funny enough guys to keep it fresh AND old reliable at the same time.
Considering the Bond franchise I don't know why they couldn't kind of do the same thing, at least for 5-6 films. There is so much great Bond stuff to milk out there.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
And yet, I sat completely stonefaced throughout the entire teaser. Perhaps in response to my hatred for Austin Powers 2, it may be, but the teaser I found was just overlong and flat.
Jay

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess you and I just disagree on this one. I won't deny that AP2 at times was a bit more of a mess in story flow, replayed a few too many jokes from the first film or even itself.

But at the same time I find the "schtick" to be something I just don't get tired of, just like watching the 3 Stooges do the same gags over and over or Harpo Marx always putting his foot in your hand.

If it's not funny to you, then it's not gonna get funny by shoving it down your throat some more. Oh well, I guess I'm just thankful that I can enjoy it as it is.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I loved both Austin flicks. So explain why this trailer left me cold/ OK, Mini-Austin. Fairly funny. Any reason it had to go on that long?

Why gripe about a teaser though, right?

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I absolutely loved AP1+2. But this teaser I found only mildly amusing. But then again, it's only a teaser. I'll keep up my hope for another funny Austin Powers.

Darren H

Second Unit
Note to Mike Myers . . .
Midgets aren't funny.
I love the first AP movie -- one of my favorite comedies of the 90s. But it's good because it's clever. AP2 is embarrassing at times. I'm disappointed to see that Heather Graham is returning. She is like a vacuum, sucking all humor from every scene she enters. And did I see that Beyonce Knowles is in AP3? I sure hope there are several good "bootylicious" jokes. :rolleyes

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Yep, Boncy's supposedly in it.
I didn't like AP2 as much as the first. It's more like a collection of sketches rather than the first movie. However, the deleted stuff run all together has me in stitches. I think for this reason it's generally considered better - it has more rewatch than the first maybe. I've not watched them enough to say for sure.
Gotta say - those commentaries just suck, though. :frowning:

The teaser was ok, the one part that did make me laugh out loud though was when the Minnie Austin tried to do the flip into the minnie Jaguar. :laugh:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The trailer was okay.

Darren, perhaps Graham only appears at the beginning of the movie like Hurley did in part 2.

~T

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Midgets aren't funny.
Oh yes they are! And so are people with Clubbed Feet!!

I'm probably a bigger Austin Powers fan than most, but even I am a little distressed at the amount of midgets used in this film, let alone the odd ratio of midget person to average person ratio in the trailer alone.

Kami

Screenwriter
Maybe it's just me, but I think the austin powers franchise is getting old. I loved the first one, and the second one was good enough to warrant a purchase (of the DVD) but I think I'll be staying away from this one. :rolleyes
The only good part was at the end..
"If you see one movie this year, see Austin Powers."
"If you see two movies this year, see Austin Powers again."

Tim RH

Second Unit
Guys, I'm pretty sure the midgets won't be in the actual movie, okay, so just relax...it's only a teaser! ;)
Remember the Austin Powers 2 "Star Wars" teaser?

Jon_B

Screenwriter
The trailer was mildly funny. But I guess I'm one of those people who like AP1 a lot more than AP2. If I remember right, there was a kid that looked like Mike Meyers that was suppose to be casted in AP2 before they found the little guy. It would be interesting if they used him in this movie.

Jon

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Remember Brad, what you are being shown is the teaser not the trailer. So I think the amount of little people used was to get your attention. I wouldn't expect that you will see quite that many in the actual film.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I loved AP1, and thought AP2 was a load of crap.
That was an amazingly dull, boring and unfunny teaser.
Could AP3 really be worse than AP2? It seems unlikely, but I think they might pull it off. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
And if I EVER hear someone say "Yeah, baby!" again, it's too soon.
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks