Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Austin Powers 3 trailer - Mini Austin!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 of 61 Tim RH

Tim RH

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted December 18 2001 - 05:39 PM

http://www.apple.com...._powers_3.html

Oh man that is some funny ass sh*t!

#2 of 61 Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted December 18 2001 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for that link Tim. I was laughing my ass off too! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Yeah baby, yeah! Posted Image
God bless!
jeffrey noel

As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

#3 of 61 Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted December 18 2001 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, we needed a thread for the Goldmember trailer that everyone is seeing in front of LOTR.

Those guys are just super funny. I love the Fat Bastard in gold paint thing too, but I'll never be able to watch Goldfinger the same way again. Posted Image

On one hand you can see it getting old, but on the other I think they are funny enough guys to keep it fresh AND old reliable at the same time.

Considering the Bond franchise I don't know why they couldn't kind of do the same thing, at least for 5-6 films. There is so much great Bond stuff to milk out there.

#4 of 61 Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter

• 1,442 posts

Posted December 18 2001 - 08:19 PM

And yet, I sat completely stonefaced throughout the entire teaser. Perhaps in response to my hatred for Austin Powers 2, it may be, but the teaser I found was just overlong and flat.

Jay

Buy National Treasure on DVD today..."The best movie I saw on Saturday night from 7pm to 9:30. The DTS track is freakin' awesome!" --Multiplex Drone

#5 of 61 Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted December 18 2001 - 08:29 PM

Well, I guess you and I just disagree on this one. I won't deny that AP2 at times was a bit more of a mess in story flow, replayed a few too many jokes from the first film or even itself.

But at the same time I find the "schtick" to be something I just don't get tired of, just like watching the 3 Stooges do the same gags over and over or Harpo Marx always putting his foot in your hand.

If it's not funny to you, then it's not gonna get funny by shoving it down your throat some more. Oh well, I guess I'm just thankful that I can enjoy it as it is.

#6 of 61 Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted December 18 2001 - 10:12 PM

I loved both Austin flicks. So explain why this trailer left me cold/ OK, Mini-Austin. Fairly funny. Any reason it had to go on that long?

Why gripe about a teaser though, right?

#7 of 61 Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter

• 1,300 posts

Posted December 18 2001 - 11:56 PM

Does anyone have a download link for this trailer? I can't get the streaming one to work!
A r t u r M e i n i l d
People Strategy Consultant (M.Sc. Eng.)Semi-professional Composer & Musician

#8 of 61 Michael Dueppen

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 12:15 AM

I absolutely loved AP1+2. But this teaser I found only mildly amusing. But then again, it's only a teaser. I'll keep up my hope for another funny Austin Powers.
- Michael
My DVD collection

#9 of 61 Darren H

Darren H

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 12:26 AM

Note to Mike Myers . . .

Midgets aren't funny.

I love the first AP movie -- one of my favorite comedies of the 90s. But it's good because it's clever. AP2 is embarrassing at times. I'm disappointed to see that Heather Graham is returning. She is like a vacuum, sucking all humor from every scene she enters. And did I see that Beyonce Knowles is in AP3? I sure hope there are several good "bootylicious" jokes. Posted Image
[ long pauses ]

#10 of 61 TheoGB

TheoGB

Screenwriter

• 1,753 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 03:00 AM

Yep, Boncy's supposedly in it.

I didn't like AP2 as much as the first. It's more like a collection of sketches rather than the first movie. However, the deleted stuff run all together has me in stitches. I think for this reason it's generally considered better - it has more rewatch than the first maybe. I've not watched them enough to say for sure.

Gotta say - those commentaries just suck, though. Posted Image

#11 of 61 James Mitchell

James Mitchell

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 03:52 AM

The teaser was ok, the one part that did make me laugh out loud though was when the Minnie Austin tried to do the flip into the minnie Jaguar. Posted Image
Jim

#12 of 61 Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 04:08 AM

The trailer was okay.

Darren, perhaps Graham only appears at the beginning of the movie like Hurley did in part 2.

~T

#13 of 61 Brad_W

Brad_W

Screenwriter

• 1,361 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 04:14 AM

Quote:
Midgets aren't funny.

Oh yes they are! And so are people with Clubbed Feet!!

I'm probably a bigger Austin Powers fan than most, but even I am a little distressed at the amount of midgets used in this film, let alone the odd ratio of midget person to average person ratio in the trailer alone.

#14 of 61 Kami

Kami

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 04:53 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I think the austin powers franchise is getting old. I loved the first one, and the second one was good enough to warrant a purchase (of the DVD) but I think I'll be staying away from this one. Posted Image

The only good part was at the end..

"If you see one movie this year, see Austin Powers."
"If you see two movies this year, see Austin Powers again."

#15 of 61 Terrell

Terrell

Producer

• 3,217 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 05:06 AM

I had no idea this trailer was out. Thanks for the link. Funny stuff.

#16 of 61 Tim RH

Tim RH

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 06:36 AM

Guys, I'm pretty sure the midgets won't be in the actual movie, okay, so just relax...it's only a teaser! Posted Image

Remember the Austin Powers 2 "Star Wars" teaser?

#17 of 61 Jon_B

Jon_B

Screenwriter

• 1,030 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 06:50 AM

The trailer was mildly funny. But I guess I'm one of those people who like AP1 a lot more than AP2. If I remember right, there was a kid that looked like Mike Meyers that was suppose to be casted in AP2 before they found the little guy. It would be interesting if they used him in this movie.

Jon
I'm Back Online

#18 of 61 Derrick_Ellis

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 07:01 AM

Remember Brad, what you are being shown is the teaser not the trailer. So I think the amount of little people used was to get your attention. I wouldn't expect that you will see quite that many in the actual film.
Derrick Ellis
www.djderricke.com
djderricke@djderricke.com
Derrick E. Productions

#19 of 61 MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 07:12 AM

I loved AP1, and thought AP2 was a load of crap.

That was an amazingly dull, boring and unfunny teaser.

Could AP3 really be worse than AP2? It seems unlikely, but I think they might pull it off. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And if I EVER hear someone say "Yeah, baby!" again, it's too soon.

/Mike
/Mike

#20 of 61 Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson

Second Unit

• 347 posts

Posted December 19 2001 - 07:32 AM

Yeah Baby. Posted Image
In the end only the fittest survive in this world. If you are strong you live...and if you are weak you die. I am the one who deserves to live. - Shishio Makoto

What's really gonna make your noodle limp is when you realize that Thomas Anderson is an anagram for "No Modern Asshat".
Deep... -...