Originally Posted by EricW /t/312646/mission-impossible-ghost-protocol/30#post_3892071
just watched this, quite enjoyable!
first, paula patton: WOW
1) the Dubai exterior sequences were amazing, but i guess there was nobody in any of the rooms that Hunt was climbing outside of... "never mind me, i'm just washing the windows... heh heh".
2) the antagonist and the female assassin/seller didn't know what eachother looked like? in this day and age?
3) that the missle made it all the way to SF without triggering any kind of US anti-missle defense is quite interesting. and it shouldn't need to actually detonate to start WW3
4) i too found it curious that the antagonist could go toe to toe with Hunt.
5) i wish they would have did something with Josh Halloway's secret last words to Paula Patton, but i guess it was just a personal thing rather than plot-related.
overall this was probably the best MI, but i would put the first one up there as my other favourite.
i liked the early rescue sequence of MI3 but that's about it.
I have one more to add to that list: Why did the main villain find it necessary to take a swan dive with his briefcase? Couldn't he have accomplished the exact same thing by simply throwing it over the edge? Then he also would have at least been around to try and prevent Hunt from going after it. Seemed a rather silly move.
I would have also added to the list why did the flare up the sleeve of the dead agent work, but they actually acknowledged that one
Excellent film by the way.