What's new

HORROR EXPRESS (DVD/Blu-Ray Combo) DVD Details & Cover Art (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis

Severin Films releases the disc set September 27, with a hi-def 1.66:1 transfer from the original negative. Horror legends Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing star as scientists who board the Trans-Siberian Railway in 1906 China for a trip to Russia—one that gets interrupted when an excavated frozen humanoid creature defrosts and begins stalking the passengers. The special features are:

• “Murder on the Trans-Siberian Express”: new interview with director Eugenio Martín
• “Notes from the Blacklist”: Producer Bernard Gordon discusses the McCarthy era
The Guardian 1973 audio interview with Cushing

• “Telly and Me”: New interview With composer John Cacavas

• Introduction by Fango editor Chris Alexander

• Theatrical trailer

• Easter egg

Jarod M

Stunt Coordinator
Could this be a new transfer? I have the 2000 DVD release. Surely they aren't using going back that far. There was another release a few years later, but I don't know if it looked any better than the 2000 release.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I saw this at the cinema decades ago, loved it. Every time it appeared on video or dvd it had new cover art. I no longer remember what the original poster looked like.

A hugely enjoyable horror film starring Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Telly Savalas as a barking mad cossack. Recommended.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
A great movie, very silly but entirely effective. Some great lines in it too. Very excited and hoping Severin does a good job on this.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
This is one of my most wanted remasterings of all time. At last, it will be from the original negative and the closing credits will be restored to the film. The only thing missing from this incredible package is an audio commentary by Lee & Martin (oh yeah, and a CD of the awesome soundtrack), but that's a small quibble in light of what we're getting. I'm going to have a HORROR EXPRESS party when this comes out. And all you classic Brit horror fans out there...if you haven't seen this film, you haven't lived.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I owned a Super 8mm print of this film that, although panned and scanned, had great color and contrast. I thought portions of the film were truly scary, and others (the "memory image" of the brontosaurus in the creature's eyeball, every single minute Telly Savalas is onscreen) were patently ridiculous. Some of the dubbing of the foreign actors was poor, and the climax goes on far too long. But I, too, look forward to a nice transfer of this on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks