What's new

Transformers 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They had a 6PM showing at the Cinemark in Kansas City tonight (for those that know, near Antioch/I35).. let's just say.. I have walked out of very few films in my life, and I came damn close here. It's noisy without purpose... there are HUGE explosions and events, but also what seems like long bursts of at best static that take over the screen. I'm normally good with the big spectacular explosions, but I felt as though my ears needed a rest about 3/4 in.

The story never made very much sense, the action is disorienting. It's better then the last one, I suppose.. but I can't imagine how it could be worse.

I suppose it will sell tons of tickets.

D+

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Here's a glowing review:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/review-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-wraps-up-with-the-best-of-the-franchise

I don't plan to see the film, but I saw that linked somewhere else.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bay's Transformer movies are basically crap when it comes to some sort of coherent story, but he manages to make the films look visually exciting. I saw the trailer for the film in front of Super 8 and I have to admit that I'm tempted to go and see it at least once in 3D, just for the scenes of giant robot mayhem. Story wise, it couldn't be much worse than Battle: Los Angeles which was total shit.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Im gonna need something more from all these reviews than "best of the franchise" to make me go and see this because that really isn't a very high benchmark they are setting there - the first two were hardly any good.

Hopefully this will be Bay's last Transformers pic. Id be quite keen on seeing someone else give it a shot.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
No way I'm paying to see another one of these films at the theater. The first one was just OK. The second one was MST3K bad. Robot testicles indeed.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I'm not paying to see it this time around either. The cool factor is gone for me, and I enjoyed the first movie.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yeah the bottom of the barrel has been dug so deep by the last film that any attempt by DotM to be anything short of Citizen Kane would be considered not much of an improvement.

And seeing that Baysplosions lacks both the artistic talent and drive to make such a film thus we have this predicament.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by mattCR It's noisy without purpose... there are HUGE explosions and events, but also what seems like long bursts of at best static that take over the screen. I'm normally good with the big spectacular explosions, but I felt as though my ears needed a rest about 3/4 in.

That's how I felt about the last two.

Pass.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Variety reports that the final battle takes up nearly an hour of screen time, a third of its 154min running time - -

If the world needed another epic cinematic clash between Autobots and Decepticons (and that's a Megatron-sized if), it certainly gets one in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon." A considerably better modulated, more bearable experience than "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," Michael Bay's latest gift to little boys and aspirin companies everywhere places ever more advanced CGI wizardry in service of an orgiastic pileup of crushed metal and cataclysmic mayhem. Climaxing with an hourlong setpiece that lays waste to most of Chicago, Paramount's 3D tentpole should leave the summer B.O. competish in roughly the same condition.

Pic makes more sophisticated and consistently noticeable use of 3D than most recent blockbusters, though foreground objects are often distractingly cut off by the edge of the frame. As reported in Variety, Paramount is releasing enhanced digital 3D prints in about 2,000 RealD theaters, hopefully nailing the ideal level of image brightness on display at the screening attended.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hell, I'm going to see it and can't wait to see some robotics flying all over the big screen.

However, I'm looking forward to Larry Crowne more.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Yeah, I'm in too. I don't care how negative the reviews are. This is one of those movies where you check in your brain at the door and just let yourself have fun. I loved The Transformers since the cartoons and comics. When the animated movie came out, I was there. When the first live action movie came out, I was there. Yes, the second one did disappoint but I blame it more on the writer's strike than Michael Bay. It was still entertaining though. I can't wait to see the new one.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
And right on cue a post for all those who repeat ad nauseam that "its just a bit of fun" and we should "check our brains at the door"

Didnt Inception prove that a summer blockbuster can be visually stunning, action orientated AND , God forbid, require a little thought from its audience ?

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/empire-states/post/p1094

And Im sorry but blaming Transformers 2 on the writer's strike ??? Plenty of other films managed to come out at that time and be entertaining. It is Bay's fault pure and simple. The man hasnt made a half decent film since The Rock.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
leave your brain a the door.. such an insulting remark. I really dont understand why people say that about such movies. I think i even lost a few iq points from watching bad boys 2.. it seems that its more of the same with tf 3. I guess there is a reason that cameron is still king. .make no mistake. he knows how to make a good movie with such classic hits of terminator and aliens. regardless if you hate avatar or not.

Jacob

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've never been able to get much past the visual design of the bots. Just make them look like scrambled car parts, not some busy insectoid design that's hard to look at just to make them alien. If that was the only problem, maybe I could have gotten over it, but the first was terrible and I made it about a half hour into the second. In fact, I know I could, since the current cartoon uses the basic design and it's worth watching. A shame they went with mute Bumblebee, though. I wouldn't mind someone else taking a crack at these, but with a total redesign and the Marvel comic as the base.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gotta love this move: you can see TF3 tonight, but for shows around the 9 p.m. timeframe, it's mainly 3D, to see it in 2D tonight, you have to wait until midnight showings.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I want to see it. I know it is going to be crap (hence the matinee showing!). Giant battles, loud explosions, check your brain at the door... oh yeah!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TheBat

leave your brain a the door.. such an insulting remark. I really dont understand why people say that about such movies. I think i even lost a few iq points from watching bad boys 2.. it seems that its more of the same with tf 3. I guess there is a reason that cameron is still king. .make no mistake. he knows how to make a good movie with such classic hits of terminator and aliens. regardless if you hate avatar or not.

Jacob

I don't know why you're insulted as that person was talking about himself. I'm sure he doesn't care whether you watch this film or not.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks