What's new

Bad Teacher - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This could have been as crass and freewheelingly fun in spots as "Bad Santa" was, but the script is a little too safe and flatline, and while there are bits of good R-rated dialogue and hijinks, it's just not bold enough to sustain such a consistent snarky tone throughout the running time. Plus the characters are under-developed, which lessens the impact of the various subplots throughout the film. The motivation for Elizabeth Halsey (Cameron Diaz) for shaping up as a teacher is overwhelmingly shallow, it's tough to really root for or against her, so that hurts the film. Though Lucy Punch, Halsey's foil, almost steals the movie from Diaz. Justin Timberlake pretty much sleep-walks through the film, while Jason Segal plays it fairly straight.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I thought it was fine; I really liked Diaz, but I think the movie needed more Segel. Still very much worth a look.

Al_S

Second Unit
I thought the film had some funny parts in it. It wasn't as over the top as Bad Santa but still had some good moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks