Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Peter Falk has passed away

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted June 24 2011 - 08:19 AM

Rough day. First Gene Colan this morning, now one of my all time fave TV/movie actors.

The first thing I remember actually seeing him in (besides the commercials for Columbo which I never watched) was The In-Laws- a film I saw several times during it's first run. Then a few months later HBO ran The Brink's Job which had been released the prior Christmas. What a great one-two punch. Still two of my all time favorite films.

And over the years I have finally seen Columbo. Falk will almost certainly go down in history for playing one of the television mediums most iconic characters.

I know he was suffering from Alzheimer's the last few years, so I'm sure both he  and his family have entered a more peaceful place now.

R.I.P.

#2 of 2 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,547 posts

Posted June 25 2011 - 10:48 AM

May he truly rest in peace now.

I don't think anyone who's seen him as Columbo, will ever forget him. Some people make you feel they're a part of you life, but even when a tiny part never to go away. Peter Falk was one of those.

Cees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users