What's new

Need Advice please.... (1 Viewer)

99monguse

Agent
Real Name
brian
Ok...I don't know what to do now. I had, at least I thought I had, my mind set on a Panasonic plasma but I was looking at the LG LV5500 LED LCD 55" and I just don't know what to do. Here are the room details and usage details:

ROOM: rec-room (half underground), 7 1/2 ft ceiling 14x18 with TV in corner. Seating is about 10ft away and TV is going to be at about eye level while seated on couch.

USAGE: AT&T Uverse HD. GAMING- via XBOX360 and eventually PS3. We game A LOT...more then watch TV in this room. We do watch a lot of movies too; right now DvD but with new TV, we'll be watching BR.

Any TV I get, it HAS to be 1080p and 2D...I just can't justify 3D, yet. Right now I have a Panasonic 53" Rear Projection 480i/1080i

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
Why does this LG have you confused? Was it a better picture?

amiruk

Auditioning
Real Name
amir
Now a days lg have some problems in color so many television resent to the company now a days i use only just Sony television is the best and his warranty is maximum to manimum 5 years.

99monguse

Agent
Real Name
brian
The LG looked really good in the store...now I say in the store, because I'm sure once I would get it home it would be quite different.

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
Many people of this forum feel that the Panasonic plasma is the best choice for a flat screen TV, over any other brand or type of TV.

I don't know if anyone would consider the LG a better choice over the Panny. A friend of mine has an LG (he also has a Panny plasma) and he said that he has never been able to get the green to look right.

I think that the off-axis viewing angle is better on the plasma, but I am not certain. If your gaming has you sitting or standing off-axis, that may be an important factor.

99monguse

Agent
Real Name
brian
My seating is directly in front of the TV; so, angled viewing isn't an issue. Does anyone here use a LED LCD TV in the 50"+ for gaming on a 360 or PS3..what are your thoughts? While looking at the TVs in BB, the pictures look really good, nice and bright too. Much brighter then the plasmas. My basement only has the one small window and that has a blind that completely blocks out the light; therefore, daylight isn't an issue either.

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
I would lean towards the plasma. I still don't think the picture quality of LCD/LED is that much better than plasma to warrant the price difference of the upper end LCD's. However, also look at the LG plasmas. Panasonic has had ongoing problems providing parts for many of their plasma sets. With LG, I rarely have issues with parts back orders. But my perspective is based as a TV tech, and parts problems drive me nuts....LOL Good luck, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread