Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 theresme1

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted June 23 2011 - 06:40 PM

I am planning to buy a 60'' LED TV.  I want to buy some speakers for it.  I want something that sound good but yet have a clean look.  I stumble on the Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60.  I could not find these speaker in my local store.  It looks really sleek but I was wondering if anyone have heard how these speakers sound?  Thank you ahead for any infos.

#2 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,051 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted June 24 2011 - 01:37 AM

Def Tech has a great reputation but at those prices, I would audition them somewhere.

I've always wanted an on-wall speaker and even drew up some plans to build some but never followed through.

#3 of 4 theresme1

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted June 27 2011 - 11:24 AM

Robert, do you know of any good wall speaker that sound good and have the look appeal too?

#4 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,051 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted June 27 2011 - 12:48 PM

If everyone heard the same thing, then there would only be one brand of speakers.  But everyone is different and what sounds good to me may sound like crap to you.  Audition some.  Or do like I did and take the plunge without listening.  With DIY, you don't even have professional reviews.

I've found the characteristics that I like.  Balanced sound.  Soft dome tweeters.  A little heavy on the bass.  When I read someone describe a speaker like that, then I can usually be sure that I will enjoy the sound of it.  But it isn't all about the speaker either.  My theater room is the only room in my house that has carpet.  I also have heavy draperies and large couches.  I want to keep the echo to a minimum.  Not a completely dead room but close enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users