What's new

Help/Suggestions for In-Wall Speakers (1 Viewer)

cscmtp

Grip
Real Name
Christopher
Hi guys. I need some help as I'm not sure what to buy and really what I need.

We are building a new house and have pre-wired the living room to have 2 speakers on the back wall and 2 speakers outside in our covered porch.

I've never bought in-wall speakers or outdoor speakers before and was hoping someone might have a good recommendation.

Our house will have a designated home theater room downstairs, so I don't need anything super high end. But we will have a 58" LCD hanging on the wall in our living room and thought it would be nice to have some speakers behind us.

Any suggestions for the living room speakers as well as outside speakers?

Thanks in advance!!!

Parthian

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart McMartin
Christopher

There is an intriguing solution for both your requirements.

FeONIC Invisible In Wall Speakers and Outdoor Speakers

You can easily fit the FeONIC drives to your Drywall for the Front and the Rear speakers. They then turn your entire drywall panel (or wood, metal, glass etc) into a speaker. Results aren't high end HiFi but are perfectly acceptable for all but the most demanding of HiFi users - the unique feature is that the speakers are invisible and usually nowhere near as hard to fit as most in wall speaker solutions (no need to cut holes and then plaster to a perfect finish).

And the clever thing is that the same drives can be attached underneath the floor or perhaps on the patio windows themselves. They are also easily fitted to the underside of a wooden deck.

Certainly worth considering I think.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Typical bandwidth: 150hz to 15,000hz Really? What is the variance? + or - 3db or it is higher? Does it depend on the material you attach it to?

Parthian

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart McMartin
Hi David

You are half right - many apologies. Typed that in late last night. Should have declared my interest (which I normally always do on the rare occasions I post on forums). I developed the FeONIC web page a few years ago and help out with maintenance etc. but don't formally work for them as an employee. And I don't get commission or anything. My only other post declares my position. It's only fair.

Robert_J,

Have you found the Spec sheets on the Download page? They should help. I'm not an audiophile so struggle with this but my understanding is the freq. response is too lumpy for HiFi. They are, however, sold by high end HiFi retailers but not as the main listening experience (just as Christopher indicated). Instead they are used for secondary positions throughout the house (study, hallways, kitchens, bathrooms) places where invisible is more important than HiFi. The surface material does have an effect on the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks