Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Oddity with speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   veggiop

veggiop

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted June 21 2011 - 06:17 PM

This has been bugging the crap out of me for a while, now, and I hope this is the right subforum for this question. The speakers on my computer seem to frequently pick up anything ambient in the area from radio stations to cordless phones, and play it through with heavy static.. Except I don't have any sort of radio going. Nor do I want to. I just want to listen to my iTunes, and I keep picking up local radio stations. Anyone have any idea what the heck might be up with this?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,251 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted June 21 2011 - 11:55 PM

The cord connecting the speaker to the PC isn't shielded.  It's acting like an antenna.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted June 22 2011 - 11:13 AM

Any idea how close you are to the culprit radio station's transmitter?  Sometimes, you can be too close that you really can't do much about it.  And/or, it's possible it's not the wire, but the actual electronics inside the speaker's amplifiers. Leo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users