Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

no wifi built in? Samsung PN64D550

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   JeffRome

JeffRome

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted June 21 2011 - 11:25 AM

What exactly does this mean in real use at home? I can still stream through a Blue Ray DVD player, right? If I have no interest in hooking up directly to a computer, is this at all important? Is it going to be necessary for a TV in the near (nest few years) future? I don't intend to game with it--right now I just watch movies, TV, and stream Netflix.

Any experience with this TV? I guess I'm trying to decide on this or the PN64 D7000 or 8000 series--but they are several hundred dollars more.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   JeffRome

JeffRome

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted June 21 2011 - 01:46 PM

If we decide to add wifi later, can we?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,951 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted June 22 2011 - 01:08 AM

Not every device in your system needs to have streaming capability.  It comes down to the services you want.  If you find a single device that streams all the services that you want (be it TV, Blu-Ray player, Receiver, something else) then you should be all set.

I doubt you'll be able to "add" wi-fi capability to a device that doesn't currently offer it.

Sorry I can't offer any advice particular to the TVs you mentioned - I'm not familiar with them.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!