Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,574 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 05:15 AM

EXPLORE THE FARTHEST REACHES OF THE GALAXY WITH STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ON DVD AND BLU-RAY!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Complete Season Three

From Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner Home Video, Four-Disc Set Includes All 22 Action-Packed Episodes, Along with Cast & Crew Interviews and Extensive Deleted/Extended Scenes

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (June 20, 2011) – Pull back the starry curtain and reveal the secrets of the galaxy – with Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ The Complete Season Three, coming to DVD and high-definition Blu-ray Disc on October 18th from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner Home Video. Featuring stunning high-definition animation as well as a host of behind-the-scenes bonus materials, the complete collection explores the untold stories of “a galaxy far, far away” and reveals the magic behind the making of the cutting edge series.

Relive all 22 Season Three episodes – featuring familiar faces including Jabba the Hutt, Greedo, Tarkin and Chewbacca the Wookiee, as well as assassins, bounty hunters, witches, monsters and mysteries surrounding the very essence of the Force itself – and then explore the Lucasfilm vaults with behind-the-scenes insights on the making of the remarkable series. Bonus materials include five behind-the-scenes featurettes, each with director and crew interviews. And exclusive to the Blu-ray disc, The Jedi Temple Archives provides in-depth access to an extensive database of creative materials – including early test animations, concept art, 3D turnarounds and more than 30 deleted/extended scenes.  

“In our third season, we told stories we couldn’t have imagined when we first started making the show,” says Supervising Director Dave Filoni. “George expects the best, every week, so we keep raising the bar. Everything’s gotten better. This series is for everyone that’s ever wondered what went on during this period, and we’re exploring it all. Sorcery, the Force and even Darth Maul’s origins. We are doing things that just wouldn’t have been possible before, and the animation is up to the challenge of bringing the layered Star Wars galaxy to life. And it looks spectacular in high-definition.”

Created and executive produced by George Lucas, the first-ever TV production from Lucasfilm Animation explores the tumultuous time between Episodes II and III, expanding the scope of Star Wars beyond anything seen in the feature films. Featuring the voices of Matt Lanter (90210), Ashley Eckstein (Her Universe apparel line), Dee Bradley Baker (American Dad), James Arnold Taylor (Johnny Test), Catherine Taber (Just Like Heaven) and Tom Kane (Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes), the third season also features a formidable line-up of guest stars – including Emmy-winner Seth Green (Robot Chicken), Sam Witwer (Being Human), Clancy Brown (Superman: The Animated Series), Jaime King (Sin City) and Oscar-nominee Liam Neeson.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three will be available on October 18th for the suggested retail price of $44.98 for DVD and $59.99 for Blu-ray.

Special Features:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three is presented in widescreen with English, Spanish and French 5.1 DTS audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles.  Bonus features include:

·               Featurettes

• Creating Kamino
  • Hutts and the Underworld
  • Witches and Monsters
  • Secrets of Mortis
  • Chewbacca Returns

·               Blu-ray Exclusive – The Jedi Temple Archives

• An extensive database exploring special effects footage, early concept art, 3D character and object turnarounds, early animation and more than 30 deleted/extended scenes. The Archives is a rare look at the assets in various stages of creation for The Clone Wars, with a wealth of surprises and never-before seen moments sprinkled throughout
Synopsis

Mystery and adventure await the heroes of the Republic in the transformative third season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. As the dark side grows ever stronger and the Jedi Knights are pushed to their breaking point, alliances will be tested, truths will be questioned and galaxy-changing secrets will be uncovered to shake the very foundations of the Star Wars universe. From the nature of the Force itself to secrets about the destiny of "The Chosen One," surprises wait at every turn - all while the fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance.

Lucasfilm, Star Wars: The Clone Wars™, Lucasfilm Animation and related character names, vehicle names and properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd.  All rights reserved.  All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

#   #   #

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS THE COMPLETE SEASON THREE

Street Date:                   October 18, 2011

SRP:                             DVD $44.98, Blu-ray $59.99

Run Time:                    Over 500 Minutes

MPAA Rating:              TV-PG

Closed Captioned:        Yes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,770 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 06:13 AM

Although this has been the weakest of the seasons, I find that I still enjoy the show and it always looks terrific on blu. A must-own for me.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 20 2011 - 07:31 AM

^ A good thing about any season set is that the slow episodes (of which there are many in the first half of the season) will seem to go by faster since you'll be able to just go right on to the next episode rather than having to wait a week to see a new one.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted June 20 2011 - 09:09 AM

Although it only says DTS 5.1 here, on some other sites they mention DTS-HD MA audio so that's a good sign for lossless audio on Warner TV Blu-rays.

It seems Warner is now starting to put lossless audio on their TV Blu-rays (according to the various press releases):  The Vampire Diaries: S2, Fringe: S3, Nikita: S1. Thank you, Warner! Posted Image

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 09:44 AM

Okay...so I kind of skipped over the whole animated clone wars thing. Now this release has me a bit interested, but I don't have a clue as to what is what. I know this takes place between the 2nd and 3rd movies, but...

There seems to be a Clone Wars animated movie and then three seasons of The Clone Wars. I assume they all go together to tell the story. So is it all complete now? If I want a complete bridge between the two movies I just need to get the animated movie and the three seasons? Or is the story not done yet and more seasons to come or they ran out of money (that would be hard to believe with Lucas). What is the scoop to some one new to this?

Are the blu-rays significantly better then the DVD counterparts?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 20 2011 - 10:48 AM

There seems to be a Clone Wars animated movie and then three seasons of The Clone Wars. I assume they all go together to tell the story. So is it all complete now?

The order of release was the movie and then the seasons but It's not a serialized story. There's supposed to be at least 100 episodes (presumably over 5 seasons) and since the show is apparently very successful in terms of ratings, merchandising and even fan approval (gasp), I'd guess that it'll go longer than 5 years. About the only thing you need to watch is The Clone Wars movie (which introduces a new major character for the show) and then you can watch almost any episode and have no trouble following it. Just a heads up, I have seen a number of people who didn't like the movie but quickly got into the TV series. In other words, if you don't like the movie, the series might win you over.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,717 posts

Posted June 21 2011 - 07:57 AM

I missed the movie in theaters, and then the show premiered on Cartoon Network before the Blu-ray of the movie came out; I was impressed by the first episode and have followed ever since.  When the movie came out on disc, I finally saw it, and it didn't do anything for me - I'm actually glad that wasn't my first exposure to Clone Wars; if it had been, I might never have checked out the series.