What's new

Mitsubishi WD-62725 DLP TV turning off by itself.... (1 Viewer)

JeffRome

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Rome
Our DLP Mitsubishi we bought in 2005 will not stay on. I at first thought it was the cable/DVD connection but it happens even if nothing in plugged in. It happens after a few seconds to minutes--but it seems to be getting worse. I will turn it on, and a varying time later the TV will either just turn off or display the blue screen then a second later turn off. I tried the troubleshooting and did the system reset, and tried a new outlet, but no success. Any reason for this? It is a bit old I know but not used very hard. Is it worth repairing? Thanks!!

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
When it shuts off the red light on front will start blinking. Count the number of blinks, that will tell me the error.
BTW, have you had the chassis rebuilt on that set?

JeffRome

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Rome
Thanks. But tooo late, we had a Mits guy out and he said it would take several hundred dollars to fix--he's seen this same model with the same problem. So we are buying a Panasonic plasma instead.

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but I've been a tech for a long time. Most techs today are not electronics techs, they know how to replace boards, not troubleshoot TV's.
I am a Mitsu warranty tech,,,, and I've been to exactly 0 training classes with them, to be a warranty repair center for them you have to accept their BS and low pay. I only do it because one of my retail clients wants us to do Mitsu.
But if your heart is set on a plasma,,, I can't argue with that one. LOL

DavidM2000

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I have a similar problem but the light is amber not red although it did flash red the other day and the only way to get it to come back on was to unplug it and wait a few seconds for the light to turn off and plug it back in. Usually will happen when you first turn it on or switching input source I am using HDMI connections for 2 sources and composite for another. TV will turn on then turn off with the flashing amber light will do this a few times and eventually stay on. The amber light usually will flash for a long time once it only flashed 18 times and then stopped any ideas. Thanks!!!

mcmaul77

Auditioning
Real Name
Luke
I have a problem with DLP TV ( WD-62725 ) ...noticed that the status red blinks ...I counted two red blinks for error status please tell me whats problem ? ........fan? or lamp ? I saw the lamp s working but it shut offs again ....

ahurry

Auditioning
Real Name
adam
Did anyone get a resolution to this issue?? As mine started to do this same glitch this week... the first day of repedative turn offs was friday before the superbowl on sunday!!!
I am understanding that it is a pretty common issue with this tv. If it is doing it just to do it im some what ok with it. Just letting my temper rise and turn the tv on about 5 times before staying on. If its doing it cause my bulb is gonna blow or my tvs board is gonna fry then I am a little worried!

Johnny89876754

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny
Mitsubishi TV shut down cause: "TV will shut down in a few seconds. Please check if the air flow is blocked" Folks, this happened to my TV, except it would do it once in a blue moon when the tv was new, so no worries, then as I replaced the lamp over the next few years it started happening more and more, so I did the research and found out that it was a known problem in with Mitsubishi extended the warranty on for an extra year (3 years). This didn't help me as my TV turned 7 years old by the time I got fed up with the problem. In a 2007 Mitsubishi Service Tip: VS-72C the problem is identified. All authorized tv repair shops should know about it, and if they don't tell them about this service tip. CURE: Replace the Lamp Thermal Sensor, located on the Lamp Cartridge Housing, with the new version, p/n 299P313010A, which is the new and improved connection. This is a simple fix, and should cost you about $80 for the service call and $40 for the part. I did this a few weeks ago Feb. 2013. Google part number: 299P313010A for a list of retailers selling the part. For about $120 you can get your TV back, or better yet, buy one really cheap and fix it for $120! A 65 inch DLP is an awesome TV with awesome picture quality. Well worth the repair! :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Thanks for the tip, Johnny, and welcome to HTF! I had the lamp thermal sensor problem on my 2006 57831, while it was still under warranty. The digital board also went out on this TV, again under warranty. And a lamp has gone out once. And one of the component video inputs is not working. But the TV still has a great picture, and its big sister, a 73838 is going strong. Mitsubishi DLP is still the best bang for the buck. It's too bad they don't make them anymore.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys On the older Mits especially, Clean them regularly!! Take off the screen and wipe down the mirror. Some of them actually have 2 mirrors and also wipe the lense. It will make a world of difference!!

Tv-tech where r u from ? We have a 65 in Mitsubishi and was watching tv tonight when it just cut off so we turned it back on & it cut right back off then we reset the tv & cut it back on again this time no picture but sound & then it cut right back off again with a red light on but did not blink. Plz help. 478-279-6863 my name is Teresa

ammeador2

Auditioning
Real Name
Melissa
Our TV has been doing this for awhile and tonight it shut off and won't turn back on. We have had the TV since 2007 and it's a 65" DLP. When we turn it on it sounds like it's working I hear a "fan" noise and this happens 3 times and then it turns back off and there is a constant red light. The red light stays lit for several minutes and there is no blinking, We have replaced the lamp within the last year but that is it.

rrlord

Auditioning
Real Name
Roseann
I have a Mits DLP that has had an amber light glowing continuously. I have ordered 2 lamps now...first a knock-off, then the next was a true Mits lamp from a different company. The amber light continued to glow solid after each replacement lamp was installed. The second company sent a replacement for the true Mits lamp - and I just installed it - and the amber light continues to glow. Can anyone advise next step?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
rrlord said:
I have a Mits DLP that has had an amber light glowing continuously. I have ordered 2 lamps now...first a knock-off, then the next was a true Mits lamp from a different company. The amber light continued to glow solid after each replacement lamp was installed. The second company sent a replacement for the true Mits lamp - and I just installed it - and the amber light continues to glow. Can anyone advise next step?
Solid or blinking? Never heard of a solid error on a Mits.

rrlord

Auditioning
Real Name
Roseann
Solid. We watched TV for a month while we were waiting for the replacement - and finally got an on-screen message saying our lamp was at the end of it's life. It was less than 2 weeks old...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
rrlord said:
Solid. We watched TV for a month while we were waiting for the replacement - and finally got an on-screen message saying our lamp was at the end of it's life. It was less than 2 weeks old...
Apparently solid amber means you need to clean the vents out so the heat can go somewhere.

rrlord

Auditioning
Real Name
Roseann
Are there more vents than just the few on the back and sides of the TV? I vacuumed them out when I changed the first bulb - over 3 months ago. I just unplugged TV, re-vacummed sides, back and front "card reader" area, plugged TV back in and turned on...to see the same solid amber light :/

Thanks for your help - I appreciate it!!

rrlord

Auditioning
Real Name
Roseann
Cleaned vents, did "hard reset" that bulb company suggested, and the amber light is still glowing solid... any other thoughts?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Cover it with black tape and move on? Or retire the dinosaur and grab yourself a new LED LCD or similar item?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks