Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Airport Extreme settings for TWC Docsis 3.0 HELP!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,932 posts

Posted June 16 2011 - 07:14 AM

I figured it out: please ignore this post unless you are having similar problems. Answer in post 2.

Just got Time Warner's "Wideband" (55MbpsDn/5Up), modem: "Motorola SURFboard Wireless Cable Modem Gateway". (WiFi on the modem off at my request).
Short version: Works when I connect Ethernet to a Mac, Network: using DHCP.

Does not work with my Airport Extreme, using the setting left over from my last attempt at Verizon DSL:
Internet Connection (tab): Connect Using: Ethernet
Connection Sharing: Off (Bridge Mode)

TCP/IP (tab): Configure IPv4: DHCP

Never picks up an address from DHCP. Maybe I simply never did the right dance with powering up/down Airport Extreme/Cable modem.

Does anyone have a similar setup and can tell me what setting they are using on their Airport? Any and all help immeasurably appreciated!
Time Warner's customer support was singularly unhelpful.

Hold on tightly, let go lightly.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,932 posts

Posted June 16 2011 - 08:14 AM

Correct settings: Internet Connection (tab):  Connect Using: Ethernet Connection Sharing: Share a public IP address Ethernet WAN port: Automatic default.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 15,525 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted June 20 2011 - 02:37 AM

Is TWC rolling out DOCSIS 3.0 in select regions, or nationally? We're still stuck with a RR Turbo capped at 1Mbps upload. I'd love the 5+ upload apparently possible with the D3 system.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,932 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveF 

Is TWC rolling out DOCSIS 3.0 in select regions, or nationally? We're still stuck with a RR Turbo capped at 1Mbps upload. I'd love the 5+ upload apparently possible with the D3 system.

Have you checked that it is not available in your neck of the woods?  It has been available in all of New York City for a while now, but if I hadn't heard about it on the NY Times Tech Talk podcast I never would have known about it -- TWC is simply not promoting, more like keeping it secret.  No idea why -- maybe they don't have the backbone capacity to handle mass adoption.

You'd thing they'd be hammering Verizon with it, considering that FIOS isn't available outside of brand new buildings in most of Manhattan (and likely the story isn't better in the other boroughs).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users